Joe Gibbs FR50

aksvt

Established Member
I was wondring if any of the oil gurus here have done any testing or have any knowledge on this oil formualted for the "Coyote" engine?
I have been seraching and found very few threads discussing Joe Gibbs oil products for our cars, doesnt suprise me as there more known for there break in and race oils. I have been using Joe Gibbs XP3 in my 1100+hp blown 565ci as a replacment for RP XPR from my engine builders recomemndations. My builder said there top 2 choices from all there dyno testing and teardowns was either JG XP3 (1st choice) or RP XPS, both being great oils for a max effort race engine.
This FR50 oil says it to be formualted for the Ford coyote engines, even in supercharged or crate engine applications. Being its the factory recomened weight for the 5.4/5.8 supercharged Shelby engines i thought i might want to give it a try becuse i know how well there other race oils work. I am not sure what would make an oil diffrence between a supercharged Coyote or a Shelby?
Driven FR50 5W-50 Synthetic

aksvt

Established Member
OK, I guess know one has used or tested this oil yet. Doesnt suprise me, its fairly new and not cheap but thought i would ask.
I had a long converstion with the tech specailist from Joe Gibbs Driven Oil division, was impressed with the testing that was done before bringing this oil to market. A lot of testing went in to this oil for keeping the vvt/cam phasers happy with the right oil pressure after engine heat starts to lower oil pressure and viscosity. Should be really good stuff for either 2 or 4 cam Ford modular engines if you want to try something other than RP or AO.

boss744

Established Member
I'm using DT40 which is 5w40 and love it. This year I will be using the FR50 for sure. I have not done any testing but a good friend builds race engines and joe gibbs is all he uses.

Users who are viewing this thread