Job

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
NONE!, lol cross into the blue, especially if you want to work on planes. if you like working on planes in the desert for years at a time then Marines is for you.

but really, fight for what you want, don't let recruiters push you around.

he's right. go air force. you are GUARNTEED a job. and WON'T get switched to something else like the army or marines will do. i've seen it and heard it. most army guys i've met hate their life. go air force. you won't be dissapointed.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
he's right. go air force. you are GUARNTEED a job. and WON'T get switched to something else like the army or marines will do. i've seen it and heard it. most army guys i've met hate their life. go air force. you won't be dissapointed.

Probably number 1 on the most ignorant posts in this thread full of ignorant posts.

You CAN be forced crosstrained in the AF or you might not be able to ge out of a job if it is critically manned.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
wrong, tough guy.

Wow you are talking to the wrong Soldiers and Marines then. Sure the living conditions may not be as good as the Chair Force but I love my job! I even like being out in the field for weeks on end! Sure the lack of showers and comfortable sleeping areas suck in the field but I signed up to be combat arms for a reason, its not supposed to be a cushion job. However if you enlist into a support MOS you will likely spend 85% of your time in garrison.

And it is very rare for the cooks and paper pushers to run combat missions in country. Sure they could get sent on convoy mission or guard duty but for foot patrols, recon, route clearance, direct action QRF, counter mobility, its done almoust entirely by combat arms that train EVERYDAY for that type of mission. You cant expect a 71L who has sat in an office everyday of his career to pick up a rifle, don an IBA and 50lb ruck and then conduct a foot patrol and knock down doors out of no where!

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Infantry all the way. You like computers, guns and anything that moves? As an 0352 (Anti-Tank Guided Missileman) I shoot the Javelin and TOW missile systems, have an M4 with an ACOG for my standard issue rifle and am also a licensed Humvee (HMMMVW so I don't get flamed for real spelling) driver and will soon be certified on the new MRAPs.

In the USMC, the basic infantry jobs that you'll choose from will be Rifleman (0311), Machinegunner (0331), Moarterman (0341), Assaultman (0351) and Anti-Tank Guided Missileman (0352). After that, you can go to specialty MOSs like Recon, Scout Sniper, LAV Crewman, etc.

DO NOT go open contract!!! You are making a decision that you will have to live with for at least the next 4 years. Make it YOUR decision. Not your recruiters or the military's. Over the next period of your life, they will make enough decisions for you. Make sure this one is your own.

Infantry is the only job for me. Any combat MOS FTW!

Like the saying goes "There are people who serve their country" and "People who FIGHT for thier country."

+1 QFT

army? you're going to be a grunt either way. everybody in the army is a soldier and fights. even cooks.

I remember my first beer.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member

Ive never really seen anybody get switched while in unless they really wanted to!!!! are yhou even in the service:??:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive never really seen anybody get switched while in unless they really wanted to!!!! are yhou even in the service:??:
I'm assuming you're talking about the Army or Marines. In the Air force they have this thing called the NCORP/Force Shaping/etc

Users who are viewing this thread