Job advice.

04 Redline

Established Member
I'll have accrued a total of 2.5 years at my company I work for, and the last year will have been in a separate division that I work in now. I am salaried, and although it is pretty good as it is now, but I feel it is time for an increase. What I do now has completly eliminated the cluster***** that my predecessors did before me. I have upsold much work and have passed that to other divisions, and my CSI is near perfect. I have much to show for what I have done, plus the economy is only getting more expensive, so I feel I make a good case here. Are these good ways to present an increase in salary? 1. Inflation. 2. Proof of efficient/reliable/consistant numbers? What I was thinking was simply the % increase in inflation in the economy realtive to my % monthly income. It might be small, but I have to survive. I can't purpose the notion of how much money I bring and create because much of my service is assisting customers with very high expectations about their cars, which sometimes cost as much as $65,000 (I'm a speciatly vehicle service advisor by the way). There is a lot of work involved in what I do, and they know it. I love what I do and I know I deserve it. Any thoughts?

CobraTone

Established Member
I'd leave inflation out of the picture. Your superiors don't really care how much the cost of living is going up, salaries and raises are (or at least should be) completely contingent on performance. Show them solid data and make a good case for yourself and you'll get it!

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Good luck. A lot of companies have strict limitations as to what they may offer.In my case 4% per year is the best you can do without accepting a promotion.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
CobraTone said:
I'd leave inflation out of the picture. Your superiors don't really care how much the cost of living is going up, salaries and raises are (or at least should be) completely contingent on performance. Show them solid data and make a good case for yourself and you'll get it!
Very true. Don't you have regular performance and salary reviews? If so, then would be the time to show what you've contributed and what you'd like to see in return. Fair employers will consider sustained performance outside of normal annual reviews. Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread