JMS BAP Question

Nomadic

Established Member
The green led is NOT solid when the unit is powered on and the car is idling / even key in the on position.

From the documentation, it sounds like that means its always cranking out extra volts and ignoring the 0-5v input from the TPS. It looks to be installed, ground, etc correctly. Do the two wires on the control harness need to be grounded to enable it as well? The instructions didnt really call that out, but its labelled on the harness that runs to the TPS.

Whats the best way to troubleshoot it? If I unplug the control harness, light goes back to solid green.

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
The green led is NOT solid when the unit is powered on and the car is idling / even key in the on position.

From the documentation, it sounds like that means its always cranking out extra volts and ignoring the 0-5v input from the TPS. It looks to be installed, ground, etc correctly. Do the two wires on the control harness need to be grounded to enable it as well? The instructions didnt really call that out, but its labelled on the harness that runs to the TPS.

Whats the best way to troubleshoot it? If I unplug the control harness, light goes back to solid green.

I'm pretty sure that the it is a pull down circuit if you ground the one that runs along with the tps it will always be enabled to boost voltage. Tape that one up and don't ground it if you want to use the peddle voltage to regulate the on and off events of the bap.

Nomadic

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that the it is a pull down circuit if you ground the one that runs along with the tps it will always be enabled to boost voltage. Tape that one up and don't ground it if you want to use the peddle voltage to regulate the on and off events of the bap.

Taped up the gray always enable, and ground the other wire - looks like its working as expected...just didnt see it called out anywhere.

thanks for the reply!

Users who are viewing this thread