JLT's True Cold Air Intake?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
is anyone using this? 4" ID pipe from the TB to the MAF which is relocated to INSIDE the fender before the bend. Filter goes in the fender. tube can be painted to match car, eaton or black. fairly priced too.

JLT's True Cold Air Intake

TRBO VNM

a bunch of people have started buying it and everyone that has reported back with SOTP or dyno tests have nothing but good things to say. I bought one and should have it tomorrow.

Jason

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Looks to be a good CAI from everything I've read. Installation is a little tricky and you need to pay close attention to the way the rubber elbow fits onto the TB. Other than that they seem to be a quality unit!

U.M.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
I wonder if it is any different than a DC. The only thing I see different is that the MAF is closer to the filter. I don't think that makes such a big difference in HP though. My idle is rock solid as it is and I have the DC in the "low" position.

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Originally posted by gchronis
I wonder if it is any different than a DC. The only thing I see different is that the MAF is closer to the filter. I don't think that makes such a big difference in HP though. My idle is rock solid as it is and I have the DC in the "low" position.

The main difference between this CAI and the 1st or 2nd gen DC is where the MAF is actually placed. The JLT CAI puts the MAF right behind the filter in the fenderwell so there are no bends that could cause problems with laminar air flow. Plus this CAI uses 4 inch pipe from the filter all the way to the TB. The DC only used 4 inch (100MM) pipe up to the MAF itself. The extra power is probably due to the increased diameter of the intake all the way to the TB.

U.M.

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I agree UM. After installing mine, coming from a Steeda CAI, I picked up a LB of boost on the KB. Now my tune is out of whack!!! But thats OK, I'll fix it and enjoy that extra LB.....:D

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I'm concerned about water intake based on the location of the filter. I may go with the JLT CAI where the filter is in the engine bay since my car is a daily driver (snow, rain, etc).

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
I'm concerned about water intake based on the location of the filter. I may go with the JLT CAI where the filter is in the engine bay since my car is a daily driver (snow, rain, etc).

I would think you would need to go through water at least 8 or more inches deep before you would have to worry about water getting sucked into the JLT or DC CAI's.

U.M.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Going through snow 6" deep isn't out of the question. Also, I do drive in the rain so I'd hate to inadvertantly run through a deep puddle and hydrolock my motor.

I'm on the fence...in the fenderwell or in the enginer bay...hmmmm. :shrug:

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by Tim Lester
How about some before & after dyno results.

Tim

check out modularfords, there have been posts there with before and after results. I will eventually. just not sure when I can get back to the dyno.(1.5road trip)

akaeric

Established Member
I had that kind on my 2003 never again. I have the Steeda on my 2004 and love it and installed it in 15 minutes using stock holes and a nice stainless look. The air sensor is connected right to the filter where it should be. Thw filter is bigger and a hell of a lot easier to clean.

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by akaeric
I had that kind on my 2003 never again. I have the Steeda on my 2004 and love it and installed it in 15 minutes using stock holes and a nice stainless look. The air sensor is connected right to the filter where it should be. Thw filter is bigger and a hell of a lot easier to clean.

you had tuckers or something similar?

bunk22

Established Member
I've got one of JLT's cold air intakes and love it. I replaced my DC with it and gained hp/tq over it. My pics and dyno graph are on his website. There was nothing wrong with the DC but I just wanted a little more bling under the hood and JLT offered that.

Users who are viewing this thread