JLT users

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Check your inlet tube..I had some issues with mine..
789701_45_full.jpg

Mondo1

Established Member
That ain't right! Hope you notified them about that. I would have. To tell you the truth it really looks like a pos. Homemade and not high quality. I'm actually surprised that that is a JLT peice...being that their oil pre-filter is so nice!

Last edited:

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Skrapmetal said:
Damn, is the whole tube cracked on that seam?

Starting to crack going all along that GLUED seam...Poor design that can cause a motor to go lean and melt down..:mj:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Search in the terminator section, Ive read where they have had the same things happen with their JLT's

morrison_205

Established Member
did you glue the fittings in or did it come like that? not to sure if i would have trusted that in the first place seeing how it definetly looks built on the cheap and quick side.
glad you caught it before a disaster. i hope JLT makes it right for you with atleast a refund and a kick down on the NEW not cheap design haha.

Last edited:

JeffsLightning

Established Member
morrison_205 said:
did you glue the fittings in or did it come like that? not to sure if i would have trusted that in the first place seeing how it definetly looks built on the cheap and quick side.
glad you caught it before a disaster. i hope JLT makes it right for you with atleast a refund and a kick down on the NEW not cheap design haha.

Came like that....glue and all..:(

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Makes my K&N look like it's made of solid gold.

That's some really shitty construction.

Tucker

Jeff,
Thanks for giving us the chance to help you first.

I have you in our system as getting this 3/8/05 (over 2 years ago) for $100.
We do not send kits out with glue all over them like in these photos. I'm not sure how or why this is on there, but we do not do that here.

Sorry for this issue and we have no problem taking care of it. We back our product 100%, alway have always will.

A simple phone call on any issue is all we need.

All JLT systems are hand made and less then .5% have ever failed. If any does we have no problem taking care of it.

Feel free to call us anytime you have a question or issue.

Thanks
Jay

JeffsLightning

Established Member
Sent you the pictures but I'm sure you saw them here. I'm not sure how it was built and most likely I got one of the first ones you were doing..Sometimes it's not practical for me to call and I'm glad you are taking care of it. My question is are they made the same way? Taking care of something is good but what would have happened when my motor went lean from the crack and then melted down? Thanks for stepping up... :)

Tucker

More then likely the motor would have stalled, not melted down.
It's not about stepping up, it's just the way we do business. Ask any JLT user about their experiance with us and they will tell you, we do what ever we can to make the customer happy.

The Lightnings are still made the same, but as I said less then 1/2 of 1% have had any issues.
improper sanding, glueing, dropping, overtightening of clamps and no heat shield ( I see one was not ordered) can effect the pipe joint.
We do everything we can to insure a strong joint.

We highly recommend using a heat shield with any under the hood intake system.
I checked stock and we are sold out of the Silver pipes. I will have one painted today to ship Wed.
Please be sure to email me your mailing info if it has changed in the 2+ years since your order.
Thank you,

Jay

JeffsLightning

Established Member
A big crack and it would have stalled but a smaller one means leaner as unmetered air is getting in.. Heat shield on the air filter always on my L..Might need to to construct one around the tube but I doubt it.. Address is the same as when I ordered. Thanks Jeff

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
JeffsLightning said:
A big crack and it would have stalled but a smaller one means leaner as unmetered air is getting in.. Heat shield on the air filter always on my L..Might need to to construct one around the tube but I doubt it.. Address is the same as when I ordered. Thanks Jeff

A simple 5 minute call would have taken care of this.

Thanks Tucker.:beer:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
how are the pipes glued? Using something similar to Weld-on? Myself I'd prefer to see an ultrasonic weld.
But JLT stepped up and is fixing it...pure awesomeness right there

Users who are viewing this thread