JLT True Cold air CAI or JLT High Boost CAI?

Shlby

Established Member
Ive decided to go with the JLT CAI. I now have to decide to get the True Cold Air Cai or the Jlt High Boost Cai? I'm planning on getting a aftermarket Heat exchanger in the next few weeks, and a ported blower next winter. I know jlt says the true cold air is good up to 550 Hp. The high boost is good for over 800, which I'll never get to.
There is only about $20 between the two. Also any preferences in heat exchangers??
So which one should I go with???
Thanks!!

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
If you def. positive your not going to go up towards 600+ hp then the regular one would be fine. 12" will work too but it will require a retune.. I have the 12" CAI and I run a ported blower with upper/lower pullies and it works great. For the heat exhanger go LFP they are very nice.

Last edited:

Shlby

Established Member
Thanks! I dont have any plans right now to go over 600 hp so I guess I'll go with the True Cold air CAI. If I do start to creep up on the 600 hp mark, I guess I could just up grade then!

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
i have gords and i wish i would of got lfp. And just buy the true cold air, because you will backfire with the high boost intake. Its so much air flowing through the intake.

Tucker

Just to let you know many have gone over 600 RWHP with the regular CAI. So if you like the look and price of that one you can't go wrong.

The 12" was made for the 20+ PSI guys, but has benifited lower HP cars as well.

Put it this way, if you like the look and price of the regular CAI and don't have plans for a major pullied blower swap, then that's the best choice for you.

Look forward to talking with you.

Jay

Mr Incredible

Established Member
Sorry I know this is an old thread. How about the tuning difference? Is it, definitely going to need a tune with the high boost and probably won't need a tune with the regular? I have a Whipple at 19psi with a stock intake, I know there is hp left there but don't want to get a retune right away. What if I go down to 17 psi ad add the intake? Just for safer horsepower.

Tucker

The 12" will work on most any combo, but requires a tune. Anything above 18PSI will benifit from the 12" kit.

Thanks
Jay

Mr Incredible

Established Member
What kind of differences do you think I would see? I have a 9" cone filter already, so I guess the difference would basicly be from the tubing. Would I see a boost increase?

Mr Incredible

Established Member
Just saw this post on another thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4395607&postcount=7

I'm thinking I'll drop my boost a couple pounds and get me one of these intakes. Looks like the loss of power from boost may almost be canceled out by the extra air-flow from the intake. Now the question is whether or not I will still need a tune with the boost drop? :?:

Users who are viewing this thread