• RAI

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • CAI

Votes: 28 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

need4snake

Banned
What do people out there like better the CAI or RAI? Regardless of aesthetics... talking pure power gains and having your filter inside your fender well. Is the extra cost worth it for the CAI?

Last edited:

need4snake

Banned
the killer chiller is pretty cool...

Nice... they addressed my question...

"Using the AC, doesn’t it drag the motor down?

AC technology has come a long way, and is much more efficient. Most AC systems draw no more than 7-8 HP when in operation. When you’re talking about 400+ HP vehicles, you will be hard pressed to notice this deficit. When you go into boost, the low side pressure will drop, and cut the AC compressor off anyway, so there will be no parasitic loss under full throttle."

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
ive taken my cobra to the roadcoarse a couple times and i would prefer a CAI for that type of driving but for everything else i use the RAI.

tophand

Established Member
RAI is good if you live where it rains and you DD your car....blah blah blah
I run the JLT Ram Air and I love it and it gives me piece of mind is the sky decides to open up. I picked up 20 to the wheels with the ram air and a tune.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
RAI is good if you live where it rains and you DD your car....blah blah blah
I run the JLT Ram Air and I love it and it gives me piece of mind is the sky decides to open up. I picked up 20 to the wheels with the ram air and a tune.

Over the stock intake or JLT CAI?

tophand

Established Member
Over stock intake that was hollowed out by the previous owner. Tune was on a hot/humid day too so power gain was a bit low

Sent while driving

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
I had the plastic CAI for while, I was always concerned driving in the raining because the car would stutter sometimes. So I went with the carbon fiber RAI, since then had no issues. As for power I am not sure.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
Neither, the rai is the same as the stock tube with a filter only more expensive. look at 04sleepers car he ran it. if you don't think thats clean idk wtf you are smoking. if you have an aftermarket tb then the jlt rai imo, only bc the elbow doesnt want to stay on.

My opinion.

Chiflikalotapus

Whippled
Established Member
I have a CAI. But it doesn't rain much here. Better sucking in cold air then hot engine air
9db9addd.jpg

stfedan

Established Member
I have RAI and love it! Also heard that it's a myth about the CAI getting more power. Just my 2 cents.

Blueline

Established Member
I used to run a CAI. Now with TS I run a JLT RAI. My tuner said they are about the same. Tuner said after 5mph temps are all the same. I dunno, you know what they say about opinions lol. I love my RAI though

GodStang

Established Member
As SOON as you are moving, the IATs for CAI and the RAI are identical.

Not true. Depends how the RAI and CAI are setup. RAI does have better flow since there are no extra bends like the CAI which depending on your setup the bends may not matter. I am running a RAI blocked off from the engine with ram air added in to force feed the cool air so it will be the best of both

nol300

Established Member
I prefer the CAI but don't drive it in anything but nice weather so no worries. And for how much I drive it and power being about the same do like the look alot better.
photobucket-3565-1321576319730.jpg

cobracide

Established Member
Not true. Depends how the RAI and CAI are setup. RAI does have better flow since there are no extra bends like the CAI which depending on your setup the bends may not matter. I am running a RAI blocked off from the engine with ram air added in to force feed the cool air so it will be the best of both

For the 90% of us using conventional setups.. the statement holds true. Should have qualified the statement.

Users who are viewing this thread