JLT Question

01CaliSnake

Established Member
Hey guys, I have an 01 cobra with magnapack mufflers and thats it so far.....The next thing I want to do is get an intake.....I heard JLT is the best but wondering if I should get a CAI or Rai...The car is used as my daily driver and is never dragged, if that helps at all...... If there isnt a big difference I would rather get the cheaper one ;).....any help is wanted and greatly appreciated...Thanks Tom

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Sorry Tom but you need to move this to the New Edge Section for Cobras. Try a search for JLT CAI, or CAI/RAI and you will get a lot of info on different companies.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I have a CAI and I DD my car. We get all sorts of rain here in Fl and I've never had an issue with water or anything.

I like how the CAI cleans up the engine bay but if you want the RAI get that.

Tucker has some dyno sheets on his site.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
01CaliSnake said:
Hey guys, I have an 01 cobra with magnapack mufflers and thats it so far.....The next thing I want to do is get an intake.....I heard JLT is the best but wondering if I should get a CAI or Rai...The car is used as my daily driver and is never dragged, if that helps at all...... If there isnt a big difference I would rather get the cheaper one ;).....any help is wanted and greatly appreciated...Thanks Tom

MOVED!:wf:

Black1999Cobra

Rollin' with the top down
Established Member
I have the RAI. Sometimes the fiance drives the car and I was worried about her hitting mud puddles, etc. It was also cheaper and easier to install.

I was going to get the CAI, then decided for the RAI and its been good to me.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the CAI and have no problem with puddles. It rained pretty good here today too. What part of California are you in?

CobraG

Established Member
I went with the RAI for price and easier install. However, if you are good at turning a wrench and have the time a CAI is the popular choice. I like my RAI though :)

Redhot91gt

Established Member
I have heard they are very simular in power gains. If you just want the RAI I think it will be pretty close to the same power wise as the CAI. I have the CAI and I like the clean look of it, but the RAI isnt bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread