JLT Oil separator: Passenger or Driver?

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Which one is worse as far as daily/weekly/monthly collection? Driver I assume? I'm looking into getting one...but I would think the driver is the only one necessary.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Is this a must on a 2010 shelby gt 500?

I was shocked at the amount of oil on my I/C when I pulled my Eaton and I have babied the hell out of this car.

With the KB, passenger side picks up quite a bit, driver's side drier than a smut maker's ass.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah passenger side is a must. I brought the drives side more for the looks. Makes me think I really have a monster on my hands with two oil seperators.

Bulldogger

Established Member
Best just to do both sides. Even if 90% is caught by passenger side, 10% over time will still accumulate on the rotors and heat exchanger and you don't want that.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Boost levels may increase oil. I have heard many say that the drivers side can is always dry indicating it is not needed. Is anyone seeing oil on the driver side? If so, what is your boost level?

mullens

Established Member
When you're in boost blow-by increases greatly. If you drive conservative you'll hardly see any oil at all in the can.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Even when using AMSOIL?

:lol1:

Even when using ANYOIL. What makes AMSOIL different?

Amsoil true synthetics have lower NOACK volatility. Translation, it evaporates/burns off less than other hydrocracked synthetics (Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Castrol, Motorcraft, etc.)

Example, Motorcraft 5W-50 will have a NOACK of 10-12% minimal. Amsoil has a NOACK of 5.6-6.7%. This means that using Amsoil will result in 1/2 of the oil vaporizing, being sucked into the PCV system, and coating the inside of your supercharger, throttle body, intercooler, and intake manifold. In effect, about the same results as using a JLT oil separator. Use them together for the BEST results. Amsoil users who have a JLT passenger side catch can report much less oil being caught in it versus their previous fill of all other engine lubricants I listed.

Amsoil is so nasty it catches itself.

You are not far from the truth. :thumbsup:

Ahhh he beat me to it. Lololol. Gotta keep better track of the threads that's the second time I've let an opportunity SLIP by me.

rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg

:-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread