JLT issue

Orange Stang

Established Member
anyone with a 96-98 GT install a JLT RAI? I cant seem to get mine to fit, it just wont.

:shrug:

Orange Stang

Established Member
I can get the tubing in fine. When I have the filter bolted onto the MAF, it wont fit. I cant even get it in.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I can get the tubing in fine. When I have the filter bolted onto the MAF, it wont fit. I cant even get it in.

Put in all together loose. Then put the filter nose in first and drop the rear end into place. You will have to force the rubber part around the TB a little, but it will work.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
thanks, ill try that tommoro. Man, i knew it would be tight, but this is TIGHT!

yeah....only way to get it in. Such a pain in the A$$, but worth it. That back rubber will give a lot more than the front, that's why I always just shove the nose of the filter in first and then the rear.

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
ya dude, JLT is a very tight fit! At least you have the ram intake though, the JLT true CAI was a bitch to put in the fender wall!!

camed2v

Established Member
a friend of mine has had his rai for a bit and i guess these intake have a weak link on the side hitting the body so his cracked and had said jlt replaced the pipe. anyone no if this is tru will jlt do this. i just piced mine up im so happy with

Users who are viewing this thread