JLT intake/res delete pipe installed

David Neibert

Established Member
Couldn't stand looking at that stock muffler looking intake pipe any longer and installed this JLT stock size replacement pipe yesterday. I actually like the black plastic, because it has more of a factory look. Sorry Jay, but I wanted to keep the stockish look so I put the JLT logos toward the bottom when installing the silicone couplers. Only took about 15 minutes to install and looks much nicer than the stock resonator.

intake1_zps82532c5a.jpg

intake2_zpseedbd888.jpg

intake3_zpscc81e2f5.jpg

intake4_zps750925f1.jpg

David

David Neibert

Established Member
Looks factory, and stealthy. Better than factory. Going to add a Blue Filter?? Your stock Filter looks brand new.

Thanks Ray, not planning anything else until I get bored with the stock power. Then I'll do the big intake, Ford Racing TB and overdrive the blower 10%. Car only has about 1100 miles of nice weather driving, so filter is nearly new. I've got a couple of Thunderbird Super Coupes that are heavily modified and it's not always great, so I'm taking it slow with this car.

David

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I know it has been asked before, but I'm still on the fence about it so I'm going to throw it out there one more time.

Did you notice any increase in blower whine?

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Cool, cool, it looks SO much cleaner than stock. For 99. bucks it rocks, planning on ordering it this Wed an doing the same thing with the gaskets.

Thanks for the post, car color is #1.

Spectre500

23yrs USAF RET
Established Member
Yes, more blower whine but not as much as I was expecting.

David

Congrats..I had a 2.8c that i bought for my 10 that i ended up trading in on a 14, it was sitting in the barn and I couldn't stand it any longer so on it went....Once you go KB then you'll get serious WINE and Power!!

David Neibert

Established Member
Congrats..I had a 2.8c that i bought for my 10 that i ended up trading in on a 14, it was sitting in the barn and I couldn't stand it any longer so on it went....Once you go KB then you'll get serious WINE and Power!!

Yeah, I've got a 2.3 whipple on my v6 t-bird and it's very loud. Love the twin screw blowers but I'm pretty impressed with how much power people are making with the TVS.

David

Turbosixx

Established Member
Very easy mod that you'll feel and hear.

I have a carbon fiber JLT resonator delete and blue airaid filter for sale. $160 plus shipping. Here's a pic.

8D5E2D78-A453-444B-9D17-AC52C30E2A2C.jpg

Last edited:

Tucker

Couldn't stand looking at that stock muffler looking intake pipe any longer and installed this JLT stock size replacement pipe yesterday. I actually like the black plastic, because it has more of a factory look. Sorry Jay, but I wanted to keep the stockish look so I put the JLT logos toward the bottom when installing the silicone couplers. Only took about 15 minutes to install and looks much nicer than the stock resonator.

intake1_zps82532c5a.jpg

intake2_zpseedbd888.jpg

intake3_zpscc81e2f5.jpg

intake4_zps750925f1.jpg

David

Looks great and that's why we only put the logo on one side.

I like it!!

5.8 Venom

Established Member
Quick shout out for JLT on this.

Ordered, shipped quick, quick and easy install on a small mod, but looks good and mods is mods after all.

Thanks to JLT.

David Neibert

Established Member
I'm tyring to get right with the big JLT carbon fiber intake that normally comes in Van's 13-6 kit, but it just looks too non-factory for me. I thought the plastic intake pipe that comes with the 13-5 kit would resolve that issue, but it doesn't appear to have the texture I like and the big JLT logo cast into it is a deal breaker.

Wondering what kind of power increase I could expect, if I kept this stock size JLT intake pipe and added the twin 65mm Ford racing TB, a 2.396 pulley, 90mm idler and a Lund tune for 93 octane ? I don't need another 100 rwhp, but 50 or 60 would be nice.

David

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Call Van, and look at the 13-2 kit. Res. Delete, 65 MM TB, SCT Tuner and Tune. Guessing that is 40-45 RWHP. Add the Pulley and Idler should get you another 20?? Using the JLT Pipe should be at least as good, or better. 13.2+ Kit?? I'm def. interested in how it works out...

Users who are viewing this thread