JLT Intake or FRPP Eliminator Kit w/ Air Raid Filter

nuxx

Established Member
Hey guys,

Starting to get the mod bug on the GT500.

I was wondering if the JLT intake kit is worth it over the FRPP Eliminator Kit with a blue Air Raid filter.

I don't really care about the look of either unit. Just wondering if there will be ANY performance / sound difference.

Future plans in addition to the intake will be Throttle Body, Pulley, Tune and Xpipe. Would either of the intakes be better with these mods as well?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I personally like the stock look of the FRPP piece and the blue air-raid filter matches the valve covers.

Had it that way on my last 13, plan to do the same on this one.

nuxx

Established Member
Thanks guys. Don't want to lose any performance/sound... but the carbon look under the hood means nothing to me.

topless10th

Established Member
IMO, the frpp res delete and airaid filter are not a good purchase. I have had it both ways ( res delete+airaid and JLT) and the JLT, while not perfect, gives you much more pronounced blower whine and power while the other gives minimal whine increase and no noticeable power gain. I did do the monoblade tb with the JLT so keep that in mind. if I were where you are I would skip both options and do a 10% lower pulley and 3.55 gears.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thanks guys. Don't want to lose any performance/sound... but the carbon look under the hood means nothing to me.

You won't lose any performance.

I don't think the FRPP is minimal whine increase, I think it's pretty significant.

Here is a video I did of before and after with the FRPP res delete and airaid filter. Noticeable difference.

2013 Shelby GT500 Resonator Delete - YouTube

Ray Lucca

Established Member
My question is with the Res. Delete and Non-oiled Airaid Filter how far can you go modding before needing a New JLT Cai. Tune and TB still OK???

Van@RevanRacing

The JLT intake opens up the intake tract dramatically. With an Air Filter and Resonator Delete my car saw 14 PSI of boost on the dyno with a larger TB.

With a JLT 123/127MM CAI I picked up 2 to 2.5 PSI of boost and significant power.

With the JLT CAI and Throttle body tune is required.

Van

nuxx

Established Member
I think since I plan on doing: CAI, TB, X-Pipe and tune first and all together maybe the JLT is a better option.

Down the line I'll add the pulley and get re-tuned.

Not looking to just drop in CAI without a tune right now. I'd do the TB and tune at the same time.

Van, is there in difference for a car that is pullied in running a 123 or 127MM CAI?

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Has been noted by some tuners that the 123 and 127 JLT flows the same. Just one is carbon fiber and the other is black plastic. How true/untrue I guess the experts can hash it out.

I actually like the look of the FRPP 123 CJ CAI and the 123 CJ inlet myself. Chrome always look good, and will match your throttle body once you get it. It also flows well :)

Users who are viewing this thread