JLT Intake and Magnaflow exhaust

zr1gerhardt

You can't outrun ugly!
Established Member
How much HP & TQ could be gained with just the JLT intake and street exhaust from Magnaflow without a Tune?

Just considering options and have not seen anyone list this option combination by themselves.

Thanks,

Scott

farmboy90

Established Member
Probably next to none. I have seen some dyno results with x/h pipes that seem to show only 5-6 HP. The intake won't get you anything if you are just replacing the stock one with a same-sized one from JLT. All you're getting there is basically resonator delete.

You really need the big air JLT (which then requires a tune). But you'll at least be talking about measurable performance at that point.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
My question is at what Rwhp do you NEED a Cai???? How far can you go with a Resonator Delete, Airaid Non-oiled Filter, Tune, 65 MM T/B??? Good to 650 RWHP???
Add the JLT Cai with the New Pulley/Idler kit??? Anyone add the Cai last????

farmboy90

Established Member
Many guys are dynoing arounnd 660 at the wheels with:
- 65 mm TB
- Tune
- Good gas (or torco)
- JLT Big air intake

Ray Lucca

Established Member
That's my question, adding the Res. Delete, Filter, Tune and TB, where would it be??? At these Mod levels, is a new Cai really needed?? Thanx

gkviper192

Established Member
That's my question, adding the Res. Delete, Filter, Tune and TB, where would it be??? At these Mod levels, is a new Cai really needed?? Thanx

At that point with those mods you will be robbing yourself of at least 25rwhp by not having an intake, maybe more.

Users who are viewing this thread