JLT install questions...

pottsy

Established Member
I am in the process of installing my JLT CAI and I have run into two nice roadblocks. The first is when I removed my smog pump to move it over, the threads where the bolts mount onto the frame rails somehow stripped, so I cannot get the smog pump to reattach.

Secondly, the filter will NOT fit inside the bumper, underneath the splash guard. There is a good inch where the filter simply hangs down too far.

Any suggestions on how to get the smog pump attached? Can I easily move it or delete it? What about getting the filter to fit properly? Anyone that has done the install on these cars, I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks.

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
that happened with my pump also, it is now sitting in behind my passenger side headlight, i didnt have any problems with my filter fitting, the filter should fit in there, try moving everything around, like moving the rubber pieces up and moving the pipe more

pottsy

Established Member
Tucker said:
Make sure the rubber reducer is as far up as can be. It should fit just in the lip of the bumper.
Jay

yep...you are right. The reducer wasn't far enough up. It fits great now, looks awesome, and I did notice more pull in the midrange over the WMS I had on there. For the smog pump, I jammed a screwdriver into the mounting hole to prevent it from spinning and tightened down the bolt...the factory pressed-in mounting holes like to come loose I guess. The install of the JLT itself wasn't hard, it was dealing with Ford's shitty ass smog pump that took a few hours to deal with. Thanks Jay. :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread