JLT install problems

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Hey guys, I know this has been hashed, rehased, and drug through the mud a few times...but......
The rubber elbows that everyone is having problems with...No problems..went right on after soaking as per instructions and advice.

My only problem,,,,,aside from having scratched the hell out of it...despite putting a ton of tape around the hole and even a blanket over the engine........

I have a BBK T.B. and I'm not sure if the S.S. clamp is big enough....I even take the thing apart and it won't wrap around the T.B.......
Anyone else have this woe?

Just wondering....
Still can't wait to drive her with the JLT...I took out a MAC... :bash: LOL

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
IS it the clamp suplied with the JLT?

There's 2 different rubber elbows, 1 for the pipe to the throttle body and 1 for the MAF to the pipe. Which one is the clamp not big enough for?

Worse case scenario, you'll have to make a run to Home Depot for a larger clamp.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Torch10th said:
IS it the clamp suplied with the JLT?

There's 2 different rubber elbows, 1 for the pipe to the throttle body and 1 for the MAF to the pipe. Which one is the clamp not big enough for?

Worse case scenario, you'll have to make a run to Home Depot for a larger clamp.

Yup. Bigger clamp time.

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Actually..LOL...I went out to the car with some ice...cooled the rubber 90 down...which of course shrunk it down a bit...and the clamp fit....barely...but it went on...now I get to go for a ride.!

Users who are viewing this thread