JLT customer service

blackmagic

Established Member
Well about 2-3 weeks ago, i ordered my CAI from Jay. Right from the beginning he was willing to go the extra mile for business with my wanting a pipe he was currently out of. Emails answered quickly and with update pics. But the best part was when he went out of his way to fix a mistake that he made. He accidently sent me the wrong air filter and no adapter for the MAF. I emailed him after i realized that i was missing the adapter and had a filter that was too big for the car. He called me back not 10 minutes later, after hours, and was wanting to get everything resolved as fast as possible. It was my luck that he was coming down to FFW in Orlando, and he said he would bring the filter and adapter with him. after talking with him several times on the phone about where to meet up( i was going to meet him at his hotel)he agreed to go out of his way and drove within 20 minutes of where i live to get me the right parts. This is by far the best customer service I have ever recieved. If anyone is thinking about getting one of his kits, GET IT! This is by far one of the best parts I have ever put on the car. Jay, Thanks for the awesome service and product! :rockon:

Dan :beer:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I agree. When I ordered mine it was a little late in shipping it so I emailed him. He explained why and sent me a heat shield and air filter for free. Great guy and great product. JLT and MGW, best in the business:thumbsup:

Jamie R.

Established Member
This is the same kind of stuff I've heard about from other people!!!I will be getting a JLT pipe in the near future for my Cobra!!

Jamie R.
'01 Cobra
'93 Vortech'ed Lightning
F/S 6500

Frogger

Established Member
AZDROPTOP hey i just saw your website and must admit good job. I like the car very much, and good for all of you who dont have to deal with the snow.

Snow Suck!!! :burnout:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Frogger said:
AZDROPTOP hey i just saw your website and must admit good job. I like the car very much, and good for all of you who dont have to deal with the snow.

Snow Suck!!! :burnout:

Thanks!
:thumbsup: I need to make some changes with the photos soon! We get snow up on the mountains and that's about it. Rarely we get it in town and when we do it doesn't stick around much. :)

Anglehood403.gif

You can see a little dusting of the stuff in this one. :pepper:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
JLT :rockon: . everytime i go to the Track or Meet ups. i pop my hood. and all the 03/04 owners love the design and paint job. so i leave,some cards with the website addy. :beer:

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Only thing that bugs me is that 5.0 put one on one of thier test cars (a 98 Cobra) and it only put down 8 hp I know for a fact that doesnt sound right.

AzDropTop

Established Member
trplblacksnake said:
Only thing that bugs me is that 5.0 put one on one of thier test cars (a 98 Cobra) and it only put down 8 hp I know for a fact that doesnt sound right.

Does sound fishy, but even 8 HP is a good gain IMO. :pepper:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
the only down fall about the Filter sitting low. is when going to wash the car. it gets soaked.and im pretty sure water gets on the MAF wires.dunno :(

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Reminds me of my experience. Living here in Canada you get used to waiting a couple months to get parts over the border (sometimes Customs really takes their time with it). So after I ordered mine, I wasn't too anxious about getting it right away. Jay had some trouble ovaling the pipe to fit my car - he didn't want to send me an inferior product. He emailed me and called me to assure me the pipe would come, etc, etc. Funny thing is, I was fully prepared to wait as mentioned before and his delay was only maybe a week. At any rate, when I ordered it, I had requested a color that was hard to get (laser red), so it cost a little more, but because of the extra time he took getting it together, he sent me a cheque that covered the additional cost of the paint. I didn't ask for anything, but he still went that extra mile. Great guy, even if his intakes are only good for 8hp. :thumbsup: :D

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I bought his CAI for my 99 and installed it on my car for a day.. didn't realize the next day the deal on my 03 that I thought had fallen through actually made a sudden 360 and was back on!. I pulled the CAI kit off my 99 and contacted jay about swapping it out for a kit that would work on an 03.. In no way did Jay have accomodate my request as I'm sure any other company would have said it's used now your SOL!.. Not JAY!.. He told me to ship back everything except the few parts that were compatible and is shipping me out the 03 kit!.

I for one appreciate customer service like that and will praise Jay and his products every chance i get because he truly deserves your business!.

-Brian.

dredg9

Established Member
I just bought a rai from him and it is a great product. I felt a big gain over my bbk cai but if there is one bad thing about, i dont know if it was just me or what, but i could not get the seperate pieces together. It would take me 10-15 minutes just to get the maf connected to the rubber piece and the the same for others. it could just be me but other than that i really like it. thanks jay

ian022

Established Member
i never had any problems. jay's product is great.....i miscalculated the total and jay sent me a correction right away-he was even going to ship when i owed him 15 bucks. needless to say i paid him as soon as i got his email. but anyways really great service, quality product and also a great fit.
i showed the intake to a friend of mine today and work and he said "damn that's the biggest intake I've ever seen!"
ian

Users who are viewing this thread