Jlt Cold Air Vs Mac Ram Air Intakes

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
I Have A Mac Ram Air Intake Right Now...... I Like It Alot But My Friend Is Selling Me A Jlt Cold Air Intake which is only a month old because he is doing an engine swap , ( lightning engine with ported blower ! dayum)..... Which Is Better ?? Will I Feel A Difference?? Any Body Have A Jlt Cold Air In Their Stang?? Let Me Know Wat Yal Think About It And Post Sum Pix Please :)

Last edited:

GT_Jim

Established Member
You would be better off with the JLT. Sorry I have no pics, but the setup did better than the MAC kit for me. Now I'm useing a C&L trueflow kit, I like it because it uses a different maf housing and not the stock one. The JLT used the stock maf meter, so whats the point of all the big piping? When you upgrade one part of the induction system, you will just get restriction somewhere else, unless you upgrade the whole dam thing. So unless you have a hi-flow maf housing, stick with the MAC, or if you don't, just pick up a C&L system and be done. To me the JLT system was mostly for looks(it doesn't take much to outperform MAC), I must say that it sure did look good when I poped the hood too. On the dyno, my C&L kit did the best.

Users who are viewing this thread