JLT cold air is enroute!!

03reptile

Established Member
Just got a call from JLT and they are shipping my JLT cold air intake system out today. Should arrive tomorrow since I'm pretty close to Northern Va. Hope this is a good idea. After I've had all the issues with trying to lower the rear of the Shelby, I think I'm getting snake bit! Jay made the call and assured me that it wouldn't be a hassle and I could call and he'd walk me through. I'll probably do the install early Thursday AM (9th) so will let you all know. I've heard nothing but raves about the system and accompanying tune so am in hopes that all will go well without a hitch. Any input from those of you who have conducted the install on your GT500s would be appreciated!

Snake Iz

Established Member
It's very simple - if I can do it anyone can. You'll have to tinker with it a little to get the best clearance on the strut tower brace but no big deal. Also make sure you have the adjusters on the hose clamps on the sides of the intake tube not the top (less chance to cave in the intake tube) and don't overtighten the clamps - snug is good. Hope all goes well for you. I assume you're getting a tune with this?

Tucker

Big thanks Mike.

I will be in and out of the shop today, but give us a call if you have any questions on the install.

Jay

03reptile

Established Member
Received the kit today (08/08/2007). Will start the install early Thursday AM. The weather here has been brutal so thought I'd start about 0600 to beat it. Will probably call you, Jay, when you open, to walk me through the tuner. I'm a dinosour when it comes to these things! I put in the ceramic rear pads from Bendix so I'm in hopes this will signifigantly reduce the dusting issue. Tomorrow should be a big day!!

Users who are viewing this thread