Jlt cold air intake vs ram air intake (nextgen)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I went from a high boost intake back to a RAI. I'm also running a tvs on 21lbs and e85. I think the hp difference is marginal, not seat of the pants difference.

I choose to go back to a rai because of ease of swapping plugs. Also because the filter got in the way of where I mounted my fuel regulator.

RobH

Established Member
Well I went from a high boost intake back to a RAI. I'm also running a tvs on 21lbs and e85. I think the hp difference is marginal, not seat of the pants difference.

I choose to go back to a rai because of ease of swapping plugs. Also because the filter got in the way of where I mounted my fuel regulator.

I am not that high on boost. Expecting 17-18lbs out of the whip 2.3 with a 3# pulley. Tuner told me to switch to a 2600maf and get the ram air. Meanwhile I already spent the big money for the carbon JLT. PITA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Im still on the factory tube, maf, and a KN FIPK. Has anyone every seen a boost increase when going to a larger housing/tube?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I am not that high on boost. Expecting 17-18lbs out of the whip 2.3 with a 3# pulley. Tuner told me to switch to a 2600maf and get the ram air. Meanwhile I already spent the big money for the carbon JLT. PITA!!!

That should be fine. I'm not close to maxing out my 2600 maf. I'm very happy going back to the rai.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Looks like I'm recognizing a common thread here.....04sleeper can make a lot of things work perfectly with his tuning, and it doesn't even require rose colored glasses. The much maligned 80s, return or returnless, stock inlet tube/RAI/High Boost, pump gas or ethanol.....zero excuses he just makes it work.

OP, you might want to change tuners.

RobH

Established Member
Looks like I'm recognizing a common thread here.....04sleeper can make a lot of things work perfectly with his tuning, and it doesn't even require rose colored glasses. The much maligned 80s, return or returnless, stock inlet tube/RAI/High Boost, pump gas or ethanol.....zero excuses he just makes it work.

OP, you might want to change tuners.

Lol. I have been impressed with dyno comp so far. Great guys!! He has tuned a couple here in AZ with good results.

Get the car back next week, so... we shall see how they do. Thanks for the feedback guys, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread