JLT CIA Questions

93SVT#18

Established Member
Wanting to order the jlt cia and have a few questions for those that have his kit.

1. What is the advantage of getting it with or without the pvc tube? Or is there a difference? Which would be better?

2. Whould you go for the big air kit or the regular cia concidering present mods or future mods? Current mods in sig, then probally will do a steg stage 4 blower-throttle body-plenum, Billetflow 2.93 or 2.76 pulley with 4 piece idlers, 2lb lower maybe???, predator or sct tune(by ??, before the dyno), Gords h/e, maf, and not sure what else at this point.

Thanks for any help and ideas that would be usefull in making my decision.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Unless your running a KB or Whipple to high boost levels, I would stay with the regular CAI that puts the MAF in the fenderwell. The performance gain is great and there are NO drivablilty issues like with others.

Tucker

If your going with a upper and lower the 12" kit will help you out more, but they will be close.
I run the regular CAI with 4 / 2.93
Jay

93SVT#18

Established Member
alright tucker i will order the regular due to not having the money right now for the tune or the pullies. what about the crank case filter? when can we talk because i want to order asap? want custom paint tube body color with silver flames. i see that your site says your on vacation so let me know when we can get this going.

93SVT#18

Established Member
it should do a whole lot except your doing away with on the intake and letting it breath to the outside right. i talked to a ford mechanic and he said it was 50/50 either way but didnt explain.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
If you're talking about removing the PCV, you are making a HUGE mistake on a street driven car. You will not be able to remove condensation vapors from the crankcase. Water left in the crankcase is a very bad thing. When the engine gets to temp, it boils off any condensation into vapor and pcv system removes it. Without it, it won't be long until you see milkshake type stuff stuck to the valve covers, etc.

93SVT#18

Established Member
im refering to the tube that runs from the valve cover to the intake tube. i see some cares that have the tube deleted and a filter put on the top of the valve cover.

mosconiac

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
i run pvc because i like clean air
I think he's only talking about using a passenger side filter and pvc left in place on the drivers side. This is how I run my JLT 12" and have no bad experience(s) to report. It only took Hermann a second to tune around not using metered air for the PCV.

Users who are viewing this thread