Jlt Cai

Stri-Ken

Established Member
Hey guys....I've got a big question. Hope I can get some answers....Today, i installed a JLT CAI kit on my 03 Cobra. I was still using the stock cai. My other mods include a Stiggy stage iv, ported t/b and plenum,2.8 upper, magnaflow catback and a tune(that was on the car when I bought it--no tuner was with the car when I got it). Before the JLT CAI, my air/fuel mixture was good....running at about 11:1. Now, since I've put on the JLT CAI, its running at about 12:1 or 12.5:1. When I dynoed, I was told that the car was running too lean and needed to be re-tuned to bring the ratio back down to around 11. Do any of you guys run at a ratio of around 12? Is this truely too lean? Is a new tune warranted? The car runs like a beast and picked up 25hp to the rear wheels from the last dyno just from putting on the JLT CAI. Thanks for all you guys input. I'd really hate to muck up my prized possession by running too lean and harming my engine. Any input would be appreciated.....Thanks....

Mystic03

Established Member
its always bad to run lean,and yes from my understandings of ur modds you should be within the 11.8-12.0 A/F

Users who are viewing this thread