jlt cai?

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
hey guys, im looking at the JLT true CAI and i was wondering something. from the hole in the fenderwell, does the filter go down or forward in the fender or just sit right inside the hole? i have heard stories of the JLT getting messed up when you hit puddles and such, which makes me think it sits lower in the fenderwell. if this is the case, are tehre any CAIs that have the fender just inside the hole so they wont get wet?
thakns

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
it angles downward in the fender.

And really I wouldn't worry about it. Just getting the filter damp or wet is not going to be an issue. it's completely submerging it that will cause an issue.

Also at that point, assuming you had a stock air intake with the snorkle in place you would have submerged that as well and be in teh same mess.

It's a proven mod at a decent price, just do it.

FWIW I have never heard of an "actual" water ingestion case from the JLT. It's not outside the realm of possability but I think more people assume it will happen.

Just don't drive your car through deep rain...this shouldn't be done even in stock form.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
A little water down the pipe ain't gonna hurt anything and may actually help burn a little carbon off. Also when you place the JLT in the fender you can rotate it a little forwards rather than straight down. That'll help.

bbosncali

Established Member
i live in florida and it pours here especially in the summer i still haven't had a problem. i went from a c&l intake with a k&n filter thinking whats the big fuss but i was so impressed after installing the jlt. huge difference get it best money i spent on my car

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
1999WhiteSVT said:
hey guys, im looking at the JLT true CAI and i was wondering something. from the hole in the fenderwell, does the filter go down or forward in the fender or just sit right inside the hole? i have heard stories of the JLT getting messed up when you hit puddles and such, which makes me think it sits lower in the fenderwell. if this is the case, are tehre any CAIs that have the fender just inside the hole so they wont get wet?
thakns

I have the JLT CAI and have driven my car in heavy rain w/ no problems. If you want you can take a look at mine some time! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread