JLT CAI vs Roush CAI for TVS

burke985

Established Member
Looking for some feedback , i was thinking to add a CAI to my setup and was told by the guy who tuned my car to stay away from the JLT kit as it "does not work" and the only one that works correctly is the Roush CAI and i find that hard to believe. I know the Difference besides (200.00 bucks) is 13 mm between the two kits with the JLT being the bigger unit . My current setup is in my sig , phase 1kit with 82mm pulley and BAP. Basically i want to hear from guys that have the Roush kits and have added a JLT CAI to their system and its performance. Any info is appreciated :beer:

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Either one will work well for you. JLT makes great kits, and the Roush piece is nice as well.

I have both available.

Beef
513-478-1965

hand-filer

Established Member
I have the Roush CAI but only because it was part of the Phase 2 kit.
The only things I can say about it are that it fits great, looks great and has the benefit of being developed by Roush specifically for their kits.
I'm sure that the JLT CAI is just as good.

sonic2003gt

Established Member
I have the JLT and my friend has the Roush CAI. The only thing either of us do not like is the weight of the air box. The JLT is a plastic air box, and the Roush is a formed sheet metal box.

tj@steeda

Established Member

99mstng

Established Member

cmsnake

Established Member
You can add to your Steeda collection of parts and look at the Steeda CAI!

Steeda 2011-14 Manual Mustang GT Cold Air Intake - Made in USA 555-3155

You can also read about our CAI here:

Why Steeda Cold Air Intakes Blow Away The ‘Competition’ « Steeda Blog

If I can help provide any additional details or support ... please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ
Im all for a vendor promoting their products and such, but please read the original post carefully before you muddy up a thread.

bmyles

Established Member
I have the jlt on my tvs and the thing is a pos, I had to buy a new coupler from the t/b to the tube because it was to short, I had to enlarge the hole in the housing just to get it to fit some what ok so the filter wouldn't fall off and now it tearing up my hood insulation. I am going to switch with the roush or stock air box when I get a chance

burke985

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys im just gonna think about it a lil more. Im putting my 3.31's back in soon in couple weeks and i wanted to do the CAI with it since i will be updating my tune with the gears. I know you can do that with the hand held but i figured i would do it all at once. The guy who tuned the car said just to keep the Stock Airbox on it since i was already making good power. I just want to bump it up a little when i go to the texas mile in march that is my main reason for wanting it.

grnenvy

Established Member
The factory Roush box works pretty good up to 10psi maybe more.
With a little inner fender well modification for more CFM the Roush box works even better.
You just can't beat the great drivability and Monsterous tq that it gives.

burke985

Established Member
The factory Roush box works pretty good up to 10psi maybe more.
With a little inner fender well modification for more CFM the Roush box works even better.
You just can't beat the great drivability and Monsterous tq that it gives.

What is this inner fender well modification you speak of ?

by9468840

Established Member
Just pulley the car. I'm using a 79mm and airbox. Seeing 9psi. Going 75mm soon since I finally installed my ID1000s today

burke985

Established Member
I see 9 with the 82 and the stock airbox , I really dont want to get into changing injectors to run a smaller pulley just yet.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
Running CF JLT with 82 pulley...good fitment and like the sound it provided.
9u8eby9y.jpg

zachcrosen

Established Member
I have the jlt on my tvs and the thing is a pos, I had to buy a new coupler from the t/b to the tube because it was to short, I had to enlarge the hole in the housing just to get it to fit some what ok so the filter wouldn't fall off and now it tearing up my hood insulation. I am going to switch with the roush or stock air box when I get a chance

I have these same issues with mine but I didn't get a longer coupler at the TB. I need to enlarge the hole in the heat shroud too but I just left the fender bolt out and it is in place. There really needs to be some slight tweaks done to the design of the JLT to make it perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread