JLT CAI Question

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
I've searched the forums, and found copious information on the install of a JLT CAI, but have found no mention of my problem (if it is a problem at all). Many posts state that the 6" filter will make contact with the coolant lines, which mine is doing. None of the posts, however, mention that the filter rests firmly against the fender liner (terminology?). Is this normal?

P.S. The JLT CAI is a beautiful piece, and without a doubt, provides a noticeable improvement in throttle response. Oh yeah, sounds killer too. :rockon:

FF3

Established Member
dsrtdukone said:
I've searched the forums, and found copious information on the install of a JLT CAI, but have found no mention of my problem (if it is a problem at all). Many posts state that the 6" filter will make contact with the coolant lines, which mine is doing. None of the posts, however, mention that the filter rests firmly against the fender liner (terminology?). Is this normal?

P.S. The JLT CAI is a beautiful piece, and without a doubt, provides a noticeable improvement in throttle response. Oh yeah, sounds killer too. :rockon:

I ran into a few unexpected problems myself too when I installed it 2 days ago. I had to use ty-raps to push the lower coolant line a little bit toward the front of the car so that it doesn't touch the filter. My filter is perfectly vertical and yes, it does touch the fender well liner thing(I think it's called the splash shield). I also had to modify the splash shield itself because in the back, there is a portion of it with a big hole where it seems the coolant lines are supposed to go through but the hole is way off, so it just pushes against the hoses. I had to drill a hole in the splash shield to hold it away from the hoses with a ty-rap.

One other thing you have to be careful about that is not in the instructions, the MAF adapter is flat, and the MAF housing is not. After you tighten the screws, hold it up to a light, and you'll see right through. That is not good, you want the air to go throught the filter, not the MAF housing. All you have to do is put a little bit of RTV gasket maker all around the MAF housing.

The JLT CAI is indeed a beautiful piece and I could hear it suck air before I installed my MAC exhaust :) As far as throttle response and hp gains goes, I have no idea, I just went from a V6 to a Cobra this week and just getting used to the power hehe

Users who are viewing this thread