JLT CAI and Strut Tower Brace Clearance

SeankySnake

Established Member
Does anyone know and or can confirm that any of JLT's CAI will clear the Steeda or Maximum Motorsports Strut Tower Braces. I have only seen 1 or 2 pics of this type setup on here from all of the pics that I have seen of engine bays. One member one here says that the only JLT's CAI that will clear the Strut Tower Brace is the Carbon Fiber JLT CAI. Can anyone confrim this before I make a purchase from JLT. I have contacted JLT with this ? and they can not help me out either. :shrug:

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
He's correct.

On the web page, the CF CAI fits some strut towers and I'd assume that the MM would be one of them.

The standard CAI will not fit with braces since it's round and not oval like the CF CAI

SeankySnake

Established Member
He's correct.

On the web page, the CF CAI fits some strut towers and I'd assume that the MM would be one of them.
The standard CAI will not fit with braces since it's round and not oval like the CF CAI

I took another look at JLT's site and I found the Carbon Fiber Fenderwell CAI like I'm wanting with a pic of the MM STB, so I'm assuming that it would clear the Steeda STB as well.

TORQJNKY

From what Jay at JLT told me, the high boost CAI won't work with a strut tower brace because the 4" tube going to the throttle body is round and doesn't give you enough clearance for the strut tower brace to pass over and around it to the passenger side tower. The regular CAI may work because the inlet tube is oval (flattened out) and provides more room for the strut tower brace to pass over it.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
He told me yesterday none will fit just the carbon fiber CAI b/c its oval shaped

NFCstang

Established Member
From what Jay at JLT told me, the high boost CAI won't work with a strut tower brace because the 4" tube going to the throttle body is round and doesn't give you enough clearance for the strut tower brace to pass over and around it to the passenger side tower. The regular CAI may work because the inlet tube is oval (flattened out) and provides more room for the strut tower brace to pass over it.

He told me yesterday none will fit just the carbon fiber CAI b/c its oval shaped

Hey...that's what I said
He's correct.

RS22

Established Member
I have the JLT CAI and I had bought a Steeda 2-point strut tower brace and I can confirm that it will not fit. As for the MM one I'm not sure about that.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Dammit i really want a JLT RAI but i really want a Strut tower brace to since i already have it..anybody ever thought about rasing the stb up a bit with some washers?

TORQJNKY

I've considered using a solid aluminum spacer on both sides to raise it up but haven't gotten around to it. By using a solid spacer it won't show the gap between the brace and tower washers will and it will also get the brace the same contact surface area of the angle bracket on the brace for more stability. Just my $.02.

NFCstang

Established Member
I've considered using a solid aluminum spacer on both sides to raise it up but haven't gotten around to it. By using a solid spacer it won't show the gap between the brace and tower washers will and it will also get the brace the same contact surface area of the angle bracket on the brace for more stability. Just my $.02.

I remember someone doing something like that, but I can't find the link

Users who are viewing this thread