Jlt Cai 03/04 = 99/01?

JP Cobra

Sarcasm at its Finest
Established Member
Quick question, couldn't figure it out through searching and jlt's site lists the part differently by years...

Anyways, will a JLT CAI off a 04 Cobra fit on a 99? Lookin to buy possibly if so....

Thanks

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
I dont think so...but I could be wrong. My friend has one on his 03 and I'm pretty sure its different than mine.

Rotzs99

Established Member
Nope. the top rubber elbow where the tube meets the throttle body is different, ours is like a 90 degree bend theirs is 45 or something. I've wondered whether or not you could buy an 03/04 kit and just replace that part but, 1. i dont know where you would find that part, and 2. i dont know if the length of their tube is the same length as our tube.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
Yes, the 99/01 Cobra and 03/04 Cobra JLT CAIs are the same EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING:

• Top rubber elbow that connects PVC pipe to throttle body
  • MAF adapter
  • Rubber piece that connects PVC pipe to MAF

EDIT: Some of the connectors might be different (like IAT sensor, vacum lines, etc.), but I am not positive about that one. Call Jay Tucker at JLT Performance and ask him.

You can go to http://intakehoses.com to find the 90 degree rubber elbow and the correct size rubber piece that connects the MAF to the PVC pipe.

Last edited:

slick4_6

Established Member
jplata said:
Quick question, couldn't figure it out through searching and jlt's site lists the part differently by years...

Anyways, will a JLT CAI off a 04 Cobra fit on a 99? Lookin to buy possibly if so....

Thanks

You could probably just PM Tucker and ask him. He has always been very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread