jlt air intake problem

slifko52

slifko
Established Member
2003 terminator was bone stock, instaled a jlt cold air intake kit and an slp loud mouth 2 cat back, tryed to start it and it fires for a sec then it wont idle and shuts down and wont accept and throtle , if u disconnet the mass air sen. it will idle and rev up.i have double checked my work and everything is connected properly

504lightning

Stangher
Established Member
U better DOUBLE check everything cause it sounds like something isnt connected, maybe a vac line?:shrug: check the little vac line under the JLT intake?

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
Yeah, what he said ^.

I've had both the RAI and the CAI. They both have the following connections in common:
IAT sensor wire/plug must be connected (usually in the underside of the tube).
MAF sensor wire/plug must be connected.
large vacuum/PCV line, either near throttle body on Eaton side (RAI), or maybe on underside of the tube (CAI).
skinny vacuum line near throttle body, may be on the underside of the tube.

Review the instructions again, check every connection. Also check your rubber elbows to make sure they are snug and don't have an air leak.

Last edited:

Jpickel50

Established Member
Yeah, what he said ^.

I've had both the RAI and the CAI. They both have the following connections in common:
IAT sensor wire/plug must be connected (usually in the underside of the tube).
MAF sensor wire/plug must be connected.
large vacuum/PCV line, either near throttle body on Eaton side (RAI), or maybe on underside of the tube (CAI).
skinny vacuum line near throttle body, may be on the underside of the tube.

Review the instructions again, check every connection. Also check your rubber elbows to make sure they are snug and don't have an air leak.

I would like to know which one you liked better RAI or CAI by JLT?

Cobra-21

I feel the need...
Established Member
I would like to know which one you liked better RAI or CAI by JLT?
RAI. They're both good quality. I haven't got the RAI on the dyno for a power comparison yet: the RAI supposedly makes a couple less HP due to engine bay heat but they should be close. The RAI is definitely an easier install.

Users who are viewing this thread