JLT 110 to 127

enormous

Established Member
I have an re tune dyno appointment April 9th because I am adding 2.395 BP pulley, 127 JLT and duel BAP to my 08 Shelby with a 13 TVS. Recently I only swapped the JLT from a 110 to the larger 127 mm. The filter is all the way out as far as possible as others have suggested. At fire up the idle is poor and rough. After an easy test drive (no boost) it runs great but still has a poor idle. The small pulley and BAP will be installed next weekend.
Is this poor idle issue normal when going to a larger CAI? I'm sure it is correct to assume the 127 needs tuning when moving up from the 110.
My concern is that I have a 45 min drive to the tuner and the original JLT 110 is already sold. Off idle it seems to drive normal as before. Am I OK to drive it easy to the tuner on the 9th?

Steve@BAS

Established Member
See if the tuner can send you an initial tune just to get you there IMO, safest way. You have a lot more air moving into the car with the 127 that is not being accounted for right now.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Do you still have the stock one ? if so toss it on. If not, then yes, try to get a quick tune to be safe...if not just try to stay out of boost. A 2010 said, lot more air coming thru now.

fullboogie

Established Member
Are you saying you have a 127mm CAI with a 110mm tune? If so, then obviously yes, your problems relate to the tune.

enormous

Established Member
Are you saying you have a 127mm CAI with a 110mm tune? If so, then obviously yes, your problems relate to the tune.
Yes,
The 110 intake is sold and my tuner does not do mail tunes, only inhouse custom ones. The tuner is 45 min. away and mostly highway driving, it looks like my choice is only to sensibly drive there. The only issue seems to be rough idle, the filter is installed all the way to the end and all connections are tight.
Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread