JLP IS THE BEST!!!!! He Saved my motor

apentivolpi

AlexFreestyle
Established Member
JLP IS THE BEST!!!!! He Saved my motor With PICs

The Ford Dealer in Sattlebrook, New Jersey on route 22 Last week put in a motor for me after I blow mine. And the A$$Holes, Dummies never cleaned out the innercooler, and had peices of my motor in there. I could have blowen my Motor again. But Johnny felt the missfire today when I took it to get a Dyno tune and he know right off the bat what it was and fixed it. I want to Kill the Ford Dealer.
Also he is one real down to earth guy I spent almost all dat with him his wife and his coworker witch also is a great worker and knows his shit. So worth the trip
Now have to go ripe Ford a new A$$Hole. and I know there going to say there not at fault.

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Glad Johnny was able to take care of you and get you running right.

I've got a couple of questions for you before you go into Ford and "ripe them a new A$$hole"?? How the hell where pieces of a blown motor in your intercooler? Also, how would something on top of the intercooler cause a missfire?

A missfire is specific to one cylinder or multiple cylinders. Even if you took a big hand full of nuts and bolts and let them sit on top of the intercooler itself, it would still provide air to all of the cylinders. It just wouldn't be as efficient.

You snapped a rod and vented your block correct???

This is your thread with your pics.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...6466-blow-my-motor-cracked-my-block-half.html

How the hell does part of a rod and piston/cylinder wall go up through the cylinder head, past the valve up into the cylinder head intake runner, turn 180 degrees and go down into the lower intake, turn another 180 degrees and then back up into your intercooler where it would lodge into the bottom of the intercooler without actually damaging the intercooler itself?

OR

How does the broken parts go out the bottom of the engine and get sucked into the air box, through the air filter, through the air tube, through the throttle body, through the supercharger rotors and ultimately rest on top of your intercooler??

Those are the only two ways that anything can get to the intercooler itself without damaging multiple components.

The only other possible way would be that it would have to get propelled through the engine block and then through the lower intake itself by way of explosion. The intercooler is kind of shielded from the lower rotating assembly by being inside the lower intake which is separate from the lower half of the motor.

Any possibility it wasn't just the teflon coating from the S/C rotors sitting on top of the intercooler?? Maybe something like this?

DSCN1322.jpg

This is off a bone stock truck with 10,00 miles on it.

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Glad Johnny was able to take care of you and get you running right.

I've got a couple of questions for you before you go into Ford and "ripe them a new A$"?? How the hell where pieces of a blown motor in your intercooler? Also, how would something on top of the intercooler cause a missfire?

A missfire is specific to one cylinder or multiple cylinders. Even if you took a big hand full of nuts and bolts and let them sit on top of the intercooler itself, it would still provide air to all of the cylinders. It just wouldn't be as efficient.

You snapped a rod and vented your block correct???

This is your thread with your pics.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...6466-blow-my-motor-cracked-my-block-half.html

How the hell does part of a rod and piston/cylinder wall go up through the cylinder head, past the valve up into the cylinder head intake runner, turn 180 degrees and go down into the lower intake, turn another 180 degrees and then back up into your intercooler where it would lodge into the bottom of the intercooler without actually damaging the intercooler itself?

OR

How does the broken parts go out the bottom of the engine and get sucked into the air box, through the air filter, through the air tube, through the throttle body, through the supercharger rotors and ultimately rest on top of your intercooler??

Those are the only two ways that anything can get to the intercooler itself without damaging multiple components.

The only other possible way would be that it would have to get propelled through the engine block and then through the lower intake itself by way of explosion. The intercooler is kind of shielded from the lower rotating assembly by being inside the lower intake which is separate from the lower half of the motor.

Any possibility it wasn't just the teflon coating from the S/C rotors sitting on top of the intercooler?? Maybe something like this?

DSCN1322.jpg

This is off a bone stock truck with 10,00 miles on it.

Well said Ride The I concur
All though i agee with Apentivolpi,
The ford dealer tech should have cleaned out
the intercooler if they done a motor job.

( Love those S/B lightning)

Last edited:

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Well said Ride The I concur
All though i agee with Apentivolpi,

( Love those S/B lightning)

x2

but if they did a short or long block chances are the blower never came off the intake and they never saw it. lotts of guys do these trucks cab off

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member

Very true. However at almost $1000 for a new intercooler they might not want to take the chance of cleaning it. If they damage it, they have to pay to replace it.

Blownsvtlightning and I also had the same thought on not removing the S/C. I've seen lower intake yanked with the S/C still on. It looked like so much more work and it damaged a few things, but I did see it happen

You guys have to remember. There are how many Lightning out there?? 27,000ish, compared to the MILLIONS of regular F series trucks on the road. The base motor is the same, but the S/C sitting on top is like having another guys wang staring up at you. You know what it is, but you have no idea what to do with and you KNOW, you don't want to touch it.

We are not trained on these motor applications at all by Ford, and not all of us know the ins and outs of how to work on them.

The tech might also be stupid....... Who knows.:shrug:

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Very true. However at almost $1000 for a new intercooler they might not want to take the chance of cleaning it. If they damage it, they have to pay to replace it.

Blownsvtlightning and I also had the same thought on not removing the S/C. I've seen lower intake yanked with the S/C still on. It looked like so much more work and it damaged a few things, but I did see it happen

You guys have to remember. There are how many Lightning out there?? 27,000ish, compared to the MILLIONS of regular F series trucks on the road. The base motor is the same, but the S/C sitting on top is like having another guys wang staring up at you. You know what it is, but you have no idea what to do with and you KNOW, you don't want to touch it.

We are not trained on these motor applications at all by Ford, and not all of us know the ins and outs of how to work on them.

The tech might also be stupid....... Who knows.:shrug:

like I was saying a good number of installs I have seen done have had the cab pulled from the frame. when you do it that way every thing is easily accessable and there is no reason to separate the blower, you are right on all other counts except the training.. I am an SVT certified tech.. even have the fancy patches they gave me to prove it :)

3549bbbfab34778.jpg

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I am an SVT certified tech.. even have the fancy patches they gave me to prove it :)

I'm also fully SVT certified, even as a Service Writer. Totally useless certifications in today Ford world would you not agree?? Do you remember the WBT tests for the SVT line?? They are a joke they are.

I think you just called yourself gay :poke:

In comparison to some of the other things I've been called, being called homosexual isn't exactly a bad thing.

xonecrazyx

Established Member
must have just been the tech . i always seperate everything when i do any work . even with cab off . too many things can go wrong doing it any other way

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
I'm also fully SVT certified, even as a Service Writer. Totally useless certifications in today Ford world would you not agree?? Do you remember the WBT tests for the SVT line?? They are a joke they are.

In comparison to some of the other things I've been called, being called homosexual isn't exactly a bad thing.

They were very basic, I did however attend 2 class room courses, I only have credit for one on stars, and they were very detailed. I had to go to Dallas for one of them, Houston training center only had the basic class. The one in Dallas had engineers and instructors and is where I got the patches lol.. I guess we took a few different classes. But yes at this point, we don't get them in the shop much anymore.. I get most of my svt stuff in for a/c concerns and other higher mileage issues. Did an svt focus timing belt on the side not long ago too

Last edited:

apentivolpi

AlexFreestyle
Established Member
Look I understand that not all ford dealers or techs are the same my Cuz was the SVT Tech at that dealer but he left that dealer and went to work at BMW for more money or he would have done my work But the guy that worked on my truck didnt know that he had to take 4 bolts off to just check or being lazy I will post pic's or send someone the pic from my phone to post just send me a e-mail
it will be easier to understand I swaer.....

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
The Ford Dealer in Sattlebrook, New Jersey on route 22 Last week put in a motor for me after I blow mine. And the A$, Dummies never cleaned out the innercooler, and had peices of my motor in there. I could have blowen my Motor again. But Johnny felt the missfire today when I took it to get a Dyno tune and he know right off the bat what it was and fixed it. I want to Kill the Ford Dealer.
Also he is one real down to earth guy I spent almost all dat with him his wife and his coworker witch also is a great worker and knows his shit. So worth the trip
Now have to go ripe Ford a new A$. and I know there going to say there not at fault.

Yeah man...Johnny is an awesome guy...definitely knows his s**t. His wife is very nice also. I got a chance to meet them at a Ford Fever Weekend a couple years ago at the Maryland International Raceway, and saw his record test truck upclose! :rockon:
I would have taken my truck up to him if I didn't sell it...:nonono:

They use a pic of my '99 on their Bassani $1000 exhaust ad....even tho my truck had $300 worth of straight-pipe out both sides. :D

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread