Jingling sound on accel and decel above 20mph

argetni

Established Member
My 2011 GT Automatic - is making a jingling sound on accel and decel above 20mph. It seems to be coming from the middle or passenger side of the engine.

You can only really hear it with windows up and radio/HVAC off.

HVAC fan makes it's own irritating noise.

Blipping the throttle on decel makes it go away for a second but then you can hear it again.

Engine temp makes no difference, but I never noticed this sound before it got cold in NJ.

Anyone else hearing this?

OhIIICobra

Established Member
It's under warranty, take it to the dealer.

Or were you planning to solicit others VINs for a month and schedule a conference call with Ford? :rolleyes:

It seems like your preferred method of resolving issues with your car is to create multiple threads covering the same topic on every Mustang site. You'll get better results by dropping your car off at a Ford service department.

Last edited:

argetni

Established Member
It's under warranty, take it to the dealer.

Or were you planning to solicit others VINs for a month and schedule a conference call with Ford? :rolleyes:

It seems like your preferred method of resolving issues with your car is to create multiple threads covering the same topic on every Mustang site. You'll get better results by dropping your car off at a Ford service department.

A) I had the conference call with Ford and they are send a factory technician to my dealership to evaluate the issue. The list of VINs was also forwarded to them, but there was less interested than I had hoped.

B) You are correct, before I waste my time or the dealerships I like to see if what I am experiencing is a common issue or not. Shoot me.

C) I am sorry to say that I have yet to deal with a competant service department and that includes those of Ford, Chevy, Honda, Lexus, Infiniti, Chrysler and Jeep. I have heard about some excellent dealerships in the area, however they are all over 1hr away and I have a full time job and a young child and I am not interested in driving all over the land troubleshooting my irritating vehicle.

Last edited:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I guess I'm just an insensitive prick, but after looking at a few other threads started by you on various forums, sounds like you are prone to whining no matter what you drive. You have totally unrealistic expectations.

Your bitching about the car seems to have started 2 hours after getting it and continues 5 month later.

Your summary of vehicle issues from Stangnet:

2011 Mustang GT - bought new - shimmy day one - rattles - jingling sounds

2002 Corvette z06 - bought new - shimmy from day one, never resolved.

2003 Lexus RX300 - bought new- shimmy never resolved

2004 Lexus RX330 - bought new - shimmy after 2000 miles never resolved.

2005 Infiniti G35x -bought new - shimmy and brake issues - 3 sets of brakes in 35k

2007 Chrysler 300c SRT-8 - shimmy on first test drive before signing papers did not buy.

2007 Jeep Commander - bought new - interior water leak day 1.

2001 Honda S2000 - bought new - perfect except some paint issue

2005 Honda S2000 - bought new - perfect except clunk in rear suspension sometimes.

2008 Honda Civic Si - bought new - paint issues and suspension clunks

2010 Honda CR-V - bought new - paint issues and PS pump hiss

1994 Acura Integra GS-R - bought new - perfect

1998 Acura Integra LS - bought new - perfect

2000 Acura Integra GS - bought new - perfect except squeal in steering wheel.

1999 Honda Civic Si -bought new - perfect except clicking clutch sound.

Your first SVTP post: :loser:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/722130-my-2011-mustang-shimmy-saga-beginning-today.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/725450-attention-owners-2011-mustangs-shimmy-vibration-car-steering.html

Finally rollin in my 5.0! - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Normal oil pressure - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

This does not look premium to me. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

80mph+ steering vibration - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Does anyone else have any distortion through the rear window? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Long cranking times? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Who else hates the hump under the gas pedal? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Snapping/popping noise from front of car when stopping 2011 - GT - Auto - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Found a paint/body defect on my new stang :( - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Ticking/rattle in the glovebox area on 2011 GT - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Since your 2011 GT is so irritating, you should sell it, get another Acura and a shit load of dynamat as your first mod.

Then your acute Vaginitis caused by your 2011 Mustang will subside (until you start crying about your Acura).:cryying:

It is a ****ing Mustang not a Maybach. :bash:

Your 2011 "The sky is falling" threads = :bs:

AmnDucky

Established Member
I guess I'm just an insensitive prick, but after looking at a few other threads started by you on various forums, sounds like you are prone to whining no matter what you drive. You have totally unrealistic expectations.

Your bitching about the car seems to have started 2 hours after getting it and continues 5 month later.

Your summary of vehicle issues from Stangnet:

2011 Mustang GT - bought new - shimmy day one - rattles - jingling sounds

2002 Corvette z06 - bought new - shimmy from day one, never resolved.

2003 Lexus RX300 - bought new- shimmy never resolved

2004 Lexus RX330 - bought new - shimmy after 2000 miles never resolved.

2005 Infiniti G35x -bought new - shimmy and brake issues - 3 sets of brakes in 35k

2007 Chrysler 300c SRT-8 - shimmy on first test drive before signing papers did not buy.

2007 Jeep Commander - bought new - interior water leak day 1.

2001 Honda S2000 - bought new - perfect except some paint issue

2005 Honda S2000 - bought new - perfect except clunk in rear suspension sometimes.

2008 Honda Civic Si - bought new - paint issues and suspension clunks

2010 Honda CR-V - bought new - paint issues and PS pump hiss

1994 Acura Integra GS-R - bought new - perfect

1998 Acura Integra LS - bought new - perfect

2000 Acura Integra GS - bought new - perfect except squeal in steering wheel.

1999 Honda Civic Si -bought new - perfect except clicking clutch sound.

Your first SVTP post: :loser:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/722130-my-2011-mustang-shimmy-saga-beginning-today.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/725450-attention-owners-2011-mustangs-shimmy-vibration-car-steering.html

Finally rollin in my 5.0! - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Normal oil pressure - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

This does not look premium to me. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

80mph+ steering vibration - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Does anyone else have any distortion through the rear window? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Long cranking times? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Who else hates the hump under the gas pedal? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Snapping/popping noise from front of car when stopping 2011 - GT - Auto - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Found a paint/body defect on my new stang :( - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Ticking/rattle in the glovebox area on 2011 GT - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Since your 2011 GT is so irritating, you should sell it, get another Acura and a shit load of dynamat as your first mod.

Then your acute Vaginitis caused by your 2011 Mustang will subside (until you start crying about your Acura).:cryying:

It is a ****ing Mustang not a Maybach. :bash:

Your 2011 "The sky is falling" threads = :bs:
Hahahahahahahaha ****ing win. I thought I was the only one that couldnt stand argetni.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
This guy must be the life of the party.

debbiedowner1.gif

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk"]YouTube - Debbie Downer Noise[/nomedia]

ybaslo1

Established Member
I wouldn't take it to the dealer, it sounds like you have wasted enough of their time. Plus your getting Ford to waste a whole bunch of time and money to come look at your car for a problem that the dealer can't even verify. I would suggest finding another hobby that doesn't include trying to pick your car apart.

Also in that list posted, it looks like your last 6 cars have had shimmy issues that were "never resolved." Do you think it's possible it's not the cars? Maybe it's the roads your driving on?

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Maybe it's the roads your driving on?

If that many of the OPs vehicles are truly screwed up with a shimmy, maybe it's driver induced?

Ever see a chick driving full speed down the interstate with the brake lights illuminated for 30 miles or so because they think it's a foot rest?

That's probably the OP.

He did mention that the hump in the driver floor annoys him.

cobra1718

Established Member
how long did it take you to link all those threads to svtp? That seems to me to be a waste of good time:dw:

OhIIICobra

Established Member
how long did it take you to link all those threads to svtp? That seems to me to be a waste of good time:dw:

Not sure what to tell ya? :shrug:

The answer to your question lies somewhere between IDGAF and you do?:rollseyes

mcduffer7

Established Member
Its probably the keys on his key chain "You can only really hear it with windows up and radio/HVAC off". "Blipping the throttle on decel makes it go away for a second but then you can hear it again"

I had the same jingle til I realized it was my house keys jangling together! Too funny! Off to Ford I go.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Its probably the keys on his key chain "You can only really hear it with windows up and radio/HVAC off". "Blipping the throttle on decel makes it go away for a second but then you can hear it again"

I had the same jingle til I realized it was my house keys jangling together! Too funny! Off to Ford I go.

Pretty sure the OP jingles are imaginary.

Users who are viewing this thread