Jena 6 without Race in the story?

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
If you did not refer race in any part of the case would everyone feel the same way?

Here is what it looks like without any mention of blacks or whites.

A group of kids sat under a tree(group A). They were known to sit under this tree routinely. One day another student of the high school(group B) asked permission from a school official if he could sit under the tree as well. The school official said he could sit wherever he wants. Upon returning to school there were multiple displays of items on the tree that was meant to anger group B that began to sit under the tree.

Later, (unknown amount of time) a certain group of students that attended the same high school which the above incident took place happened to be at a party where they had got into a fight with a single student who was a supporter of group B above. So far there does not seem to be any official action taken here, no hospitals, officers, or lawyers involved.

The same date as the incident above there was an incident where a group of students from group B where at a local convenience store where unknown preceding events ended up in a struggle with a older gentleman from group A who displayed a shotgun. The group B ended up taking the shotgun from the representative of group A and fleeing the scene. The only charges(known) were given to group B for theft of the firearm.

A building was burnt at the school.

The following day another incident occurred at the school during lunch time. One of the members of group A was throwing degrading remarks to certain members of group B when they all began to use physical force. The member of group A was taken to the hospital and released the same day a few hours later. He was reportedly hospitalized due to being knocked unconscious, physically abused some more, then it was ended ( unknown how).

The members of group B who participated in the last incident were arrested and charged initially with attempted murder and assault and conspiracy to attempt 2nd degree murder.

Just thought I would throw this out there and see what happened. Ill check back in the morning and see what happens.

:read:

oldmodman

Established Member
If that had happened when I was in High School the kids fighting (all of them) would have been suspended for two weeks MAX! No further action would have been taken. And at my high school it was common for white & brown (Mexican) kids to have huge fights. It was during the very first year of court ordered busing in Los Angeles, and all the original students (white kids) hated the newcomers. Oh yeah, and I think that we had a few black students back then (1968).

Adam.L.

Established Member
STAMPEDE3 said:
My advice,
Quit watching the NEWS.

^Hey, put that back. So far, this has been the most useful input on this matter.

I personally don't believe anyone has the complete story. I do believe there are enough facts to administer reasonable punishment, regardless of race or prior events.

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
all this because somone wants to sit under a f*cking tree? sounds pretty stupid to me. but in the end this IS a race thing.right as the media gets involved it ALWAYS becomes a race thing. jmo

DravenGSX

Established Member
It has nothing to do with the media. It's a race thing through and through. The kid that got beat up at the end of the story above was shouting racial slurs at the group that whooped him.

My94GT

Established Member
my thoughts, punish everyone involved....that way no race card is pulled, no disputes are made and theirs no debate over what happened and if the proceeding actions taken were fair.

and like someone said already watch the news less because its never accurate anyway

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
This is typical news for a 24/7 news-starved society. Its replayed and rehashed in different storylines. Yes, by all evidence its a small mutual struggle in a small community against blacks and whites but this isn't something that deserves nationwide press and those participating in these activities only represent a minute number of citizens in Jena I would suppose. This stuff happens whether racially motivated or not. It happens because hate manifests itself in a variety of different ways.

Consider this. For most of us, if we had no CNN or Fox News nor did we have the internet chatter about this story, where would you find it in your local newspaper? Anywhere else outside the Jena area, this story would be buried on a page 3 or 4. The national TV news hounds are responsible, because imagine how hard it is for them to maintain news for 24 hours a day without being completely boring 95% of the time.

They simply play up and exaggerate circumstances that generate more viewership and advertising revenue.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Little angry man decides that he hates everyone from Race/Religion A. So he decided to lead Country B in a revolution that will wipe Race/Religion A off the face of the earth. He also decides to exterminate everyone from sexual prefferance C. Ironically, he looks like Race/Religion A and rumor has it, he might be of sexual prefferance C. All in all, he pisses off the wrong people and Country U (SA) ends up kicking Country B's ass, and he pusses out and commits suicide.

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
Gringo185 said:
Little angry man decides that he hates everyone from Race/Religion A. So he decided to lead Country B in a revolution that will wipe Race/Religion A off the face of the earth. He also decides to exterminate everyone from sexual prefferance C. Ironically, he looks like Race/Religion A and rumor has it, he might be of sexual prefferance C. All in all, he pisses off the wrong people and Country U (SA) ends up kicking Country B's ass, and he pusses out and commits suicide.

lol

Half of decade of wars summed up right there....

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
I just started reading about this story yesterday and couldnt find a single story that seemed to be correct and complete. They all contradicted each other. ....i dont know

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
DravenGSX said:
It has nothing to do with the media. It's a race thing through and through. The kid that got beat up at the end of the story above was shouting racial slurs at the group that whooped him.

So if someone says something racist to me, I can threaten them with a shotgun, and beat the crap out of them???

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
DravenGSX said:

So if a bully calls a kid a nerd.....

or if a girl calls another girl a slut.....

or if a kid calls a fat kid a whale....

or...

or....

or.....

that is why i phrased it like it i did. They are all the same. Just one kid calling another kid a name in school.

And no one better not come back and say every bully that knocks a nerd over should get 50 years for assault....

Users who are viewing this thread