Jegs Racing Seats install

May93

Established Member
I've been a member on here for years and I still struggle finding threads already created for something I'm researching. Hopefully if there's already a post on this someone can help me find it. Anyways here's my dilemma:

So, I'm replacing my factory seats with a set of JEGS Poly high back racing seats. The factory seat brackets obviously won't work and the bolt pattern on the bottom of the seat is approximately 8x11. The majority of the brackets shown cause the seat to sit up to high and that combined with a helmet will make it impossible to clear the roof.

My thought was to purchase a JEGS seat bracket 555-70223 and bolt the seat directly to the bracket. The seat would not be adjustable, but there's enough holes to permanently place it where I need it. The car is mainly intended for 1/4 mile use at the track so function over comfort is the goal.

Has anyone ran this combination or anything similar? Doing research on line didn't bring up to many pics or how to videos.

I'd appreciate any help.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I've done that with a set of Recaro's to a set of Planted Technology brackets. There were enough holes that I just bolted the seat directly to the base.

It worked, but with my car being more of a cruiser I eventually elected to install rails, which only added about 5/8" of height which I was fine with for my needs.

Users who are viewing this thread