Jeff Fisher out.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Apparently, Jeff is out.

Titans, Jeff Fisher Part Ways after 16 Seasons - CBS News

(AP) NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Titans have parted ways with Jeff Fisher, who just completed his 16th full season as the NFL's longest-tenured coach.

The team said in a release Thursday night that "Fisher will no longer be the head coach of the team." The Titans announced the move within an hour of a report by SI.com that they were negotiating Fisher's departure.

boatcop1

Established Member
:beer: to Bill Belichick for being the longest teniored NFL head coach!

had to figure this was going to happen. This is good for Jeff as there are better jobs out there for him. He's a great coach and will have no problem getting picked up. I'm sure his phone is already ringing. And I bet JJ down in Dallas is kicking himself for saying he would stick with what's his face. Fisher would have been great for Dallas.

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
i'm actually kind of suprised he was let go. i had always thought of him as one of the better coaches in the game and with Young not coming back i figured the Titans and Fisher were going to move on

Planter

Banned
i'm actually kind of suprised he was let go. i had always thought of him as one of the better coaches in the game and with Young not coming back i figured the Titans and Fisher were going to move on

better? by what standards? 6 out 17 seasons he made the playoffs. he's mediocre at best.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
better? by what standards? 6 out 17 seasons he made the playoffs. he's mediocre at best.

you also have to take in account the colts being in his division. not exactly an easy task if you ask me. i'm just sayin though, you dont have a 17 year run as the coach of a team if you're just mediocre

Planter

Banned
sorry I just don't think he's as good as everyone makes him out to be. i think he plays not to lose, goes conservative with the lead, and isn't aggressive enough to be a coach that will win it all.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

sorry I just don't think he's as good as everyone makes him out to be. i think he plays not to lose, goes conservative with the lead, and isn't aggressive enough to be a coach that will win it all.

:dw: I actually agree with you:??:

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member

I always liked Jeff. Hell, he's the only coach we've ever had, but I don't totally disagree with you.

I just pray that VY is still out, but I have feeling that will not happen now. Also, it would be nice if Adams would sell the damn team...maybe Mark Cuban could buy!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Sorta surprised and sorta not surprised. He's a good coach, but the whole Vince Young thing, right or wrong, seemed destructive to the organization. Should be interesting to see where he lands.

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
i like the titans, but i dont see this guy as one of the "better coaches". he is middle of he road at best. his record speaks for itself.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You guys also have to realize he has to deal with an idiotic owner. I think he was just in a rut with the Titans. A new team and a change of scenery will do him good. We'll see if he lands on his feet.

Although I never did agree with some of the dirty tactics taught over there in Tennessee.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
:beer: to Bill Belichick for being the longest teniored NFL head coach!

had to figure this was going to happen. This is good for Jeff as there are better jobs out there for him. He's a great coach and will have no problem getting picked up. I'm sure his phone is already ringing. And I bet JJ down in Dallas is kicking himself for saying he would stick with what's his face. Fisher would have been great for Dallas.

that award goes to andy reid. ;-)

bb = 2000 - present
ar = 1999 - present

p.s. i'd love for fisher to go to philly as the d coord. he already has his dline coach there. plus he served under buddy ryan as the defensive coord in philly. little chance, but still... would be nice.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Cowher is smart enough to know that Bud Adams is an idiot and he'll stay in the booth instead.

Users who are viewing this thread