JDM super stock cams install!!

blue13cobra

Established Member
just got the JDM super stock cams along with Kooks long tubes installed in my 2013 Shelby and was amazed at the HP gains. before the cams I baselined at 673rwp and 625 rwtq on a 93 octane tune. this was with Revans 13.6 package with frpp dual 65mm. throttle body , 15% overdrive pulley and off road H pipe. after cams and headers it made 775rwp and 682rwtq at 17psi. on 93 octane

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
So probably a 70-80rwhp gain from the cams and the rest is from the headers. Nice bump! Congrats :beer: ….now post vids or I'm taking all my nice words away. :p

blue13cobra

Established Member
Tried to post a idle video clip and pictures last night but with no luck. Any help on how and where to go on the site to do this would be appreciated.

Fastfish420

Established Member
Blue 13 cobra..I see you live in Ohio..Did you do the cams yourself and where did you dyno at? I can do the cams myself but looking for dyno facility in Ohio..Im in central Ohio.

Thanks

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
just got the JDM super stock cams along with Kooks long tubes installed in my 2013 Shelby and was amazed at the HP gains. before the cams I baselined at 673rwp and 625 rwtq on a 93 octane tune. this was with Revans 13.6 package with frpp dual 65mm. throttle body , 15% overdrive pulley and off road H pipe. after cams and headers it made 775rwp and 682rwtq at 17psi. on 93 octane

How did the Kooks fit? And how much time did this take?

Nice gains;-)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

Congrats man, great results!
Where are you in Ohio? Which shop do you use?
Hope to see you at some local events next year, gotta hear these cams in person on a street car (they sound great in the Cobra Jets on the track :rockon:)
-J
:beer:

blue13cobra

Established Member
The shop said the kooks went on fine but was a tight fit because of the larger brake booster. He actually had to disconnect it and move it out of the way

blue13cobra

Established Member
Congrats man, great results!
Where are you in Ohio? Which shop do you use?
Hope to see you at some local events next year, gotta hear these cams in person on a street car (they sound great in the Cobra Jets on the track :rockon:)
-J
:beer:

Im in cincinnati. We used Pauls Automotive engineering out of blue ash

blue13cobra

Established Member
Blue 13 cobra..I see you live in Ohio..Did you do the cams yourself and where did you dyno at? I can do the cams myself but looking for dyno facility in Ohio..Im in central Ohio.

Thanks

All work was done at Pauls Automotive engineering. They have a dyno facility

Users who are viewing this thread