JDM/Kooks vs. Hookers: Which is better?

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Which one is the better LT header? Are there any differences worth mentioning? If so, what are they?

JSHTROD

Established Member
OBSERVATION: Big LT's don't make the big power one would expect. IT seems that under normal boost levels (anything short of 20psi) you don't pickup much with LT's. Although the JBA shorties and BAssani mid-length do very well. IMO, if you're gonna me mildly modded, go with JBA or Bassani (the FRPP's aren't worth wasting money on).

Now on to your question...

I didn't know Hooker Headers were available? I know they make them for the 2V's, but those won't work on your 03 4v motors.

Kooks are supposed to be pretty good. They're slip-fit so the install should be easier.

StRacer

Established Member
ALL A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY..........RUN AWAY FROM THE HEADERS! I'll sell you mine!

davidmax

Established Member
Kooks long tubes,specially when raising boost or with a centrifical S.C.
More low end Tqe. and great sound and on most cars 550 rrwhp or below the 1 5/8 are perfect.Been a long time fan of long tubes on small blocks since the 60's.Dave S.

hj16

Established Member
I thought the Kooks and JDM were the same. They are for the Lightnings.
Kooks makes custom headers for their customers. JDM is one of their many customers. JDM simply puts in orders for the 03's headers. But I think that JDM does make their own Lightning headers.

I think I'm right about the L part, if not hopefully someone will correct me.

Users who are viewing this thread