jdm kooks longtube dyno, before and after

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
I just went to the dyno Saturday and made 437 RWHP & 422 RWTQ with nothing more than JBA shortys, Magnaflow catted-X & CB, and a K&N Air Charger (Still running stock boost). My JBA shortys netted me upwards of 20HP/TQ in the mid rpm range.

U.M.

thanks for proving my theory that shorties produce better numbers than long tubes. Still not saying they are more effient but this is the set up I am going with when I get my lower pulley finally installed.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Damn...Juan......JERK / ASS! :nonono:

George looking at the graph looks strange. What did they do? Cut & Paste or some thing?

Hard to tell.....but you do need to see if u can get kicked out again @ LACR. If u go faster then 11.5...then id say it worked.....well as long as u dont cut out.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by SVTyballz
Cool!!! Consensus here is to NOT use LT Headers. Fine by me. Don't get em. You don't need em. Lose power. Evidence is very compelling......................

If you don't have them, don't install em. Waste of cash.

Hehehehe I'll keep my LT headers, thank you very much. Why?? Because they don't work of course. And no one here is going to be getting them. :coolman: :coolman: :coolman:

Enjoy discussing dyno numbers, it is good entertainment.

Happy Holidays :beer:

gary

What are your peak numbers and times?

jonas

Established Member
I'm going to post times soon. Maybe go to the track this wednesday.

I will be swapping out one of my cats. I believe the passanger side is blown. If thats the case I can probably make some more hp

03Steve

Established Member
Jonas,

Remove your cats. They are like a plug in a hose, and they plug even worse over time. I gained 33 hp @ 11 psi from removing my cats from the h-pipe that I bought from JDM. Initially, I saw no gains from my LTs, and I was really pissed.

Find a exhuast shop to weld in straight pipes. Offer $50, and don't request a receipt for the work. :D

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Jonas,

As posted before, clogged or blown cats can keep you from seeing the benefit of LT's.

Would be interesting to see results of dyno after cats are fixed or deleted.

03Steve

Established Member
What he said. Gosh, I really wish I would have taken a picture of the inside of the JDM cats that I cut out of my car. I lit a cig lighter on one side, and couldn't see it through the other. :kaboom:

davidmax

Established Member
I had the Kooks from JDM and now have my long tubes made by Stainless works and were gainining 22+ ponnies at the wheels over the Kooks.
The sound is even better using the H pipe and all together you can expect 25+ rwhp and a smoooooth power curve.If we can be of any help to you we sell theese fast but 98% of the time have 10+ sets in stock.
Yours truly,Dave Smilovic
PS; They run and sound beautiful with the Borla stingers and add almost 40 rwhp as a package,Dave Smilovic 480-517-4969
XTREME/SHM,Tempe AZ.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
I have said since this car has come out but noone listens, these cars need a certain amount of backpressure. Headers are a waste of money. If you want sound, take off the cats and run a straight pipe where the mufflers are but this car needs backpressure. Maybe some day someone will listen. hehe, Im not busting your balls, Im just talking out loud. If anything, go with a shorty header and stay smog legal but still it is waste of money for the install.

backpressure is bad. bad bad bad!

pull those cats, i bet they are the culprits/ reason your power production didnt go up.:burnout:

davidmax

Established Member
I had the Kooks from JDM and now have my long tubes made by Stainless works and were gainining 22+ ponnies at the wheels over the Kooks.
The sound is even better using the H pipe and all together you can expect 25+ rwhp and a smoooooth power curve.If we can be of any help to you we sell theese fast but 98% of the time have 10+ sets in stock.
Yours truly,Dave Smilovic
PS; They run and sound beautiful with the Borla stingers and add almost 40 rwhp as a package,Dave Smilovic 480-517-4969
XTREME/SHM,Tempe AZ.

jonas

Established Member
I dont know dave.

The jdm kooks are a work of art, a real quality piece.

I'm sure your headers are nice but in my application for some reaon they didnt make power. my guess is the tune

jonas

Established Member
Oh and for the record. superchargers dont need load to push air. Its belt driven not exhaust driven. If your car makes less boost after an exhaust mod, its a good thing. If it made the same boost it means the exhaust part you upgraded wasnt the restriction in your motor. The opposite holds true to removing any restrictions before the blower. If you didnt see a boost gain then that wasnt the restrictive factor.

I noticed my boost is still at 17-18 psi so Im hoping The passanger side cat is truely the culprit. I'll keep everyone tuned in.

I will also be purchasing a Pro-M naf and give you guys some before and after graphs.

Just call me Mr Ginea Pig :)

MightyMo

Established Member
Best bite for the dollar here would be JBA shorty headers with a kennebell 17psi ?

Trying to figure the best KB power package, help me out here..

JSHTROD

Established Member
I think the problem is the Kooks. I've seen gains with JBA's, Bassani's and BBK's. Nothing earth shattering, but definately some gains.

Has anybody gained any HP by using the Kooks? ANYONE?

Users who are viewing this thread