JDM Engineering

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Who has dealt with them? How was the experience? How does your car run? Horror stories? I just got off the phone with them and the guy was very helpful, very honest about what's safe and what's not, and had no problem sitting on the phone for 10 minutes answering questions. I ask because I'm looking for some one to tune my new 3.4 setup

03blkann

Established Member
jdm

In my opinion they are the best.Both jims are great to deal with. They charged me 700 to tune my cobra and do a couple odds and ends.

Sagittaria

Established Member
They've been messing around with are cars since day one and they have a positive reputation.

Quite a bit of parts on my car that the previous owner had installed back in the day are from them (circa 2005).

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Who has dealt with them? How was the experience? How does your car run? Horror stories? I just got off the phone with them and the guy was very helpful, very honest about what's safe and what's not, and had no problem sitting on the phone for 10 minutes answering questions. I ask because I'm looking for some one to tune my new 3.4 setup

I dealt with them personally, on three occasions. I find their business to be deplorable. The original owner/"father" of the business is a great guy and a great tuner. His tunes tend to be conservative but that's alright for most.

His son however, is slowly taking over the business and is running the place into the ground. I am not sure why you have a problem with Sansone but they have a phenomenal reputation not only on this site but from word of mouth as well.

If you have any questions feel free to PM for more details, I suggest you stay away and many on here would agree.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Yeah Idk is rather not use wicked

Mustang Magic? I think Big daddy is down there somewhere?

Kevin helped me out a bunch when I was tuning my own car, so I can only go off that experience. He went over some logs and helped me trouble shoot, I never gave the guy a dime, he did good by me.

I've had great luck with LaSota on some vehicles I did work on, not sure if you want to go mail order route. Brooks speed is an option also for mail order.

JDM Sr seems like a good guy, chatted with him a few times at E-town and Atco when I was down there for various events.

Last edited:

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Mustang Magic? I think Big daddy is down there somewhere?

Kevin helped me out a bunch when I was tuning my own car, so I can only go off that experience. He went over some logs and helped me trouble shoot, I never gave the guy a dime, he did good by me.

I've had great luck with LaSota on some vehicles I did work on, not sure if you want to go mail order route. Brooks speed is an option also for mail order.

JDM Sr seems like a good guy, chatted with him a few times at E-town and Atco when I was down there for various events.

Kevin hand charged me 250 to put my car on the dyno and tell me iats were too high to tune.

Last edited:

M33P

Established Member
i met a guy the other day who had a built lightning that he said jdm did the motor and tune for. he didnt anything negative to say.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Was it loose or did it break off?

Shit happens sometimes, we all know that. How they delt with it would have been the most important thing.

That being said, I dont trust anyone to put in as much effort into my car as I would. There are some out there that will, but I go by the 90/10 rule : 90% of people out there don't give a shit and strive just to get by. I want the 10% that go above and beyond, treating each job like thier own and putting out the abosolute best product they can.

I build my own engines and tune my own cars. I've learned my lessons.

Good luck quick10th, let us know what you do.

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
I build my own stuff too just for that I reason. I spent 7 years working in the field and the things I've seen people do are enough to make me do my own work. I wish I could tune

01yellercobra

Established Member
I build my own stuff too just for that I reason. I spent 7 years working in the field and the things I've seen people do are enough to make me do my own work. I wish I could tune

Pick up tuning software and start learning. That's how a lot of us learned.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
What software do you use and how hard is it really? Im hesitant because I don't want to ruin a motor

SCT Pro-Racer is what I use, and is probably the most user friendly.

IMO you already have an advantage because you have mechanical experence in the field. Unless you changed oil for 7 years...

Tuning is not rocket science, but mistakes can be pricey. WOT stuff is easy IMO, what makes a real tuner is a guy that can tweak drvieability to near stock like in a wild street beast.

I would buy the PRP from someone like LaSota Racing, who offers starter tunes and support for PRP buyers. His tuining guide and DVD are also worthwhile purchases. IMO you can never have too much info. You can also take training classes, all depends on budget and how serious you are. The tuning school also offers package deals.

01yellercobra

Established Member
SCT Pro-Racer is what I use, and is probably the most user friendly.

IMO you already have an advantage because you have mechanical experence in the field. Unless you changed oil for 7 years...

Tuning is not rocket science, but mistakes can be pricey. WOT stuff is easy IMO, what makes a real tuner is a guy that can tweak drvieability to near stock like in a wild street beast.

I would buy the PRP from someone like LaSota Racing, who offers starter tunes and support for PRP buyers. His tuining guide and DVD are also worthwhile purchases. IMO you can never have too much info. You can also take training classes, all depends on budget and how serious you are. The tuning school also offers package deals.

What he said. I'm using the PRP software as well. I've been tuning my car since 2007. There is a learning curve, but I think there's enough resources out there to use that you can pick it up fairly quickly. And it's nice to have in case you make changes. You're not paying for a new tune each time. I'm on my third MAF, and second set of injectors. Not to mention the varying boost levels and engine combinations.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread