JDM chip is In, WOW!

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Took me awhile to install as I had instructions to a lightining, but oh well I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting that chip in the car. Took it all apart cleaned off the contacts. Car is sitting out side I am inside, and I hear this funny sound look up and it's raining cats and dogs outside run outside luckily I closed my doors and the windows were up, but I had my hood open shut that and went back inside to cleaning the contacts. Got that done put the chip in put everything back togehter. Started the car up, I really liked how the TC is already off, so I don't have to worry about forgeting to turn it off. Reved the engine up, sounds more smooth. Checked the redline, looked to be about 7200 rpm's. After all the time I took it had quit raining and it was sorta dry out. I drove about twenty minutes south to where it hadn't rained. Got on it a little bit and wow, I could really tell a difference. I didn't except to tell a difference at all, but the car ran smoother, and even felt quicker, and when you hit that 7200rpm redline thecar is screaming and pulling all the way. It's a Superchip for those of you that want to know. I am very satisfied with the chip, and can't wait to slap the pulley and spark plugs in tomorrow. I wish my drag radials would get here! I really have no traction now. Oh well small price to pay for power!:thumbsup:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Is that time in your sig with or without the chip? Either way, you're cruzin'!:thumbsup:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
That time is without the chip or the 2.80 pulley Denso's or Gatorback belt. I am putting those on tomorrow or Friday and going to Stanton MI on Saturday to run the car and see what she's got. And Thank you:thumbsup:

michigancobra

Established Member
I'm ordering my tomorrow from SFP, pulley (2.93) is in the garage with the plugs ready to go in.
Just waiting for the (GP) Bassani to show up.
Hope mine runs as strong as ours, what do you
think your HP is at now?

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
If your refering to Terry Reals down in FL you got a good person to deal with Terry really knows his stuff and is willing to talk to you so you know exatly what your buying, and what you have to do to put it on. Terry, and Jim are both great Tuners. I 'am guessing right around 460, or I should say I am hoping for around 460. The car really feels different, I was told to drive it around for awhile to let the car get use to the chip or to learn the chip. So maybee it's going to get better yet.:thumbsup:

Cat Breath

Established Member
Good deal 13R. I just got my JDM chip in the mail today. Spoke with someone at JDM today while ordering their bypass deal and they said they couldn't disable the TC with the chip? :shrug: Not a biggie, but definately a plus if I see it off by default. Gotta wait till after I get my car aligned at the dealer (dropped the kmem to put in the long tubes) before I put it in.

Silver 03 Cobra

HAVEIGHT 13R, did you request a rev limiter set for 7200. I forgot to specify one when I ordered mine. I guess with the pulley you may not want to rev much higher than 6500. For the first time after three dynos and rounds of mods, my HP actually peaks before 6500 rpm. My numbers are 455/454 SAE.

I ordered a 9 inch conical filter and I hope I can pick up a few ponies with that.

46stang

Established Member
what mods did you do to get that 119mph?? I remember your previous best was like 117mph! was it just cooler weather or a mod? i can't wait to see new dyno numbers!
Leon

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
To achieve the 119 mph I had the L pulley the 12inch K&N filter,the boost bypass mod,and the Exhaust. That was it I am hoping to get in the high 11's. Now I know all I have to do is swap on a set of drag radials and I'm there, but I want to have one of the first 03's in the 11's on street tires!:thumbsup:

Skiver Snake I chose the redline that high because, I am putting on the 2.80 pulley. I am going to raise the rev limiter even higher when I get my new blower!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

46stang

Established Member
HAVEIGHT 13R: thanks for the info! on your dyno graph does the hp still keep pulling that high?(7000rpm) if your power falls off way before that, then you really won't need or want to spin the motor that high, but hey what do i know! I'm not running low 12's:) take it easy!
Leon
P.S. I ordered the boost bypass like you suggested to me, should be arriving soon,thanks:) did your boost or does it slowly drop down to 10psi from 5800-6500rpm,or does it stay pegged to the right???on the stock guage??any help is appreciated:)

ho779

Established Member
My question is, how did you fit a 12' filter in there, and do you have any pics of it?

LS1 Guy

Established Member
That time is without the chip or the 2.80 pulley Denso's or Gatorback belt. I am putting those on tomorrow or Friday and going to Stanton MI on Saturday to run the car and see what she's got. And Thank you

Holy S$$T!!! :whine: :gt:

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Originally posted by HAVEIGHT 13R
That time is without the chip or the 2.80 pulley Denso's or Gatorback belt. I am putting those on tomorrow or Friday and going to Stanton MI on Saturday to run the car and see what she's got. And Thank you:thumbsup:

Daaaaaaaammmmmn!!! That's Great! Be sure to let us know your results! Preferrably Saturday night when you get home!;-)

On the verge of 11's with but a few mods - This is getting Real interesting!:D :beer:

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I'm not sure how to expalin this with the 12 inch filter my power doesn't fall off at 6500. It keeps building you would have to ride in it to know. Ask High Roller over on the F150 forums he drove my car today it doesn't drop off it gets stronger all the way to redline.:thumbsup:
I usally well have never been the passenger in my car but today I was. High Roller is thinking about getting an 03 so I said I'd let him drive mine. I really didn't notice how fast the car was till I rode in it. I'm not trying to talk myself up. I was just amazed at how fast it really was. Rasing the the redline I feel helped the most so far, the new plugs are in, and the belt and pulley will be tomorrow then its off to stanton MI on saturday. The car feels so much faster, I am truly hoping to get an 11 second pass on street tires, I think it would be a statement to what these cars can really do, what do you guy's and gal's think?:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
I have a JDM chip, I seem to loose power above 6000 rpm, your taking yours to 7200rpm, I'm calling JDM, because there is something wrong with my chip then....

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
There is nothing wrong with yur chip you have to look at the fact that I am using a much larger air intake than you are I talked with Jim about my program I have a very aggresive tune on my chip, and I will make it more aggresive in the near future. There isn't anything wrong with your chip. I just have a different tune than you do. That's all.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread