JBL shorties anyone?

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
Does anyone know if JBL shorties are worth the money. I don't want to put up with long tubes... I just basically want to gain a few HP and some torque along with cooling my engine temps. What about FRPP high flow shorties? Thanks.

fstr03svtcobra

Established Member
BTW I ordered them but I have a friend who will buy them for the price I payed. Said that cause I added JBL shorties to my sig yesterday and did not want confusion.

03killacobra

Banned
do you mean JBA? if so i have a set and am happy with them, can't say what kinda gain since i did a blower at the same time. i will eventually be stepping up to full length's when i do a short block

SlowSVT

Established Member
waste of time or money to put anything but long tubes on our cars

stock manifolds flow just fine up to about 500 hp

LT's are not really considered to be a "bargan" on our cars either. I would take the shorties over LT and it has very little to do with horsepower.

JBA shorties should be considered as nothing more then a low restriction manifold. I have a set but noted for issues with them which you should be aware of. Do a search using my handle and you will see a few detailed write ups on JBA shorties.

Taking every exhaust manifold into accout the JBA shorties would be my first choice.

cobracide

Established Member
I'm going to do the JBA shorts, had them on the 2001 with stage 8 locking bolts. They worked good. This will be the last thing I do to the car after I get the ported blower on, upper/lower ect. I should be in the low 500's for HP.

Users who are viewing this thread