Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Pypes Long Tube Headers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
You go off of what you see on the internet/forums bro! Time to get out there and see what the track is really like. If you trap higher on a run where you let off and bog i don't think that trap speed should be considered a legitimate trap speed. His run where he trapped 122.8 was a 12.1 and the other one was a 11.8 at 119 so he didn't even match his old et!:poke: All im saying is that lt's DIDN'T give him 4 mph. More like 2 mph tops!

What I see on the internet/forums? :lol::lol: I don't go off of shit, and I don't talk about shit I know nothing about, like others.

Did you not see post # 23? Or forget that I have Long Tubes? I came into this thread to add to and give data on what two well respected members members posted (of which is not new information).

But I guess since you have nothing more than intake and exhaust on both your cars (not headers), your opinion on them is more legit than someone who actually has them, huh? :rollseyes

I've been to the track more times than I can remember, but never actually ran. That doesn't discredit the benefits given by headers at the track, especially coming from someone who doesn't have them. I am the second person in this thread who has a friend that picked up 4MPH with headers. Also, before I decided to get Long Tubes my tuner told me the big HP gains won't be there, but he has seen cars run 4 MPH faster at the track after adding Long Tubes (how ironic). And being that this is my second blower combination with headers, I am well aware of the benefits of headers, whether I'm a track regular or not.

You (the guy without headers), are claiming they give "2 MPH tops" at the track? And because someone bogs, but still traps 4 MPH faster after only adding headers, their run isn't a legit run? ..... I guess timeslips are meaningless then.

I don't have anything more to say to you about this. OP, sorry about getting off topic in your thread.

:beer:

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
What I see on the internet/forums? :lol::lol: I don't go off of shit, and I don't talk about shit I know nothing about, like others.

Did you not see post # 23? Or forget that I have Long Tubes? I came into this thread to add to and give data on what two well respected members members posted (of which is not new information).

But I guess since you have nothing more than intake and exhaust on both your cars (not headers), your opinion on them is more legit than someone who actually has them, huh? :rollseyes

I've been to the track more times than I can remember, but never actually ran. That doesn't discredit the benefits given by headers at the track, especially coming from someone who doesn't have them. I am the second person in this thread who has a friend that picked up 4MPH with headers. Also, before I decided to get Long Tubes my tuner told me the big HP gains won't be there, but he has seen cars run 4 MPH faster at the track after adding Long Tubes (how ironic). And being that this is my second blower combination with headers, I am well aware of the benefits of headers, whether I'm a track regular or not.

You (the guy without headers), are claiming they give "2 MPH tops" at the track? And because someone bogs, but still traps 4 MPH faster after only adding headers, their run isn't a legit run? ..... I guess timeslips are meaningless then.

I don't have anything more to say to you about this. OP, sorry about getting off topic in your thread.

:beer:

What you said was that Jason picked up 4mph at the track and 30rwhp. That statement is incorrect. You should find another example becuase Jason didn't beat his time YET. I do only have intake and exhaust on BOTH of my cars! They both run good for what they have but i can't say that about your 5xx rwhp,whippled,full bolt on dyno queen.:lol:

Last edited:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
What you said was that Jason picked up 4mph at the track and 30rwhp. That statement is incorrect. You should find another example becuase Jason didn't beat his time YET. I do only have intake and exhaust on BOTH of my cars! They both run good for what they have but i can't say that about your 5xx rwhp,whippled,full bolt on dyno queen.:lol:

wow guys.... settle. he could gain significant HP in the lower part of the board as posted in another thread which could get him a good raise in MPH... I am guessing with the added power over the power band he spun more and lost ET but gain MPH...

:thumbsup:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
wow guys.... settle. he could gain significant HP in the lower part of the board as posted in another thread which could get him a good raise in MPH... I am guessing with the added power over the power band he spun more and lost ET but gain MPH...

:thumbsup:

Thats what im saying but when your spinning you mph goes up. I still don't understand why it goes up but it does. All i was saying is that if he gets a decent 60' he wont trap 123 and it should be more like 120!:beer:

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
it does because the car stayed in the power band from the start... pretty simple really ,but people think to much about it

04spinbra

Established Member
i have mac lt and didnt see no boost loss til higher rpm.. ive always been told go with LTs if i got the chance so i did and love the sound!!

SVTMikeD

Established Member
If you are looking to squeeze every last bit of power then yes LT headers are the way to go, If you are looking for just a fun street car then I would suggest staying at stock manifolds. The money it cost for them and the pain in the ass to install isnt worth the minimal gain IMO

Users who are viewing this thread