JBA shorties

william7635

Established Member
I have used these shorties in the past and have a set I wanted to install, but couldn’t.

I have a BMR K-Member with lowered engine mounts. The issue with the install was the lowered motor preventing the headers from being installed as they hit the frame. I would need to raise the motor to install the headers.

In my instance, I have a KB 2.8LC supercharger and a Shelby 1000 hood. Raising the motor with the supercharger and hood shouldn’t be a concern.

The biggest benefit I found in these shorties, the exhaust opened up to allow the engine to exhale. The motor wasn’t pushing exhaust out and felt quicker and more responsive. Yes, the horsepower is limited and not a great bang for your buck, but I was happier with my build.

If you also have a 3rd party exhaust, it will get louder.

claybeatz

Established Member
I have used these shorties in the past and have a set I wanted to install, but couldn’t.

I have a BMR K-Member with lowered engine mounts. The issue with the install was the lowered motor preventing the headers from being installed as they hit the frame. I would need to raise the motor to install the headers.

In my instance, I have a KB 2.8LC supercharger and a Shelby 1000 hood. Raising the motor with the supercharger and hood shouldn’t be a concern.

The biggest benefit I found in these shorties, the exhaust opened up to allow the engine to exhale. The motor wasn’t pushing exhaust out and felt quicker and more responsive. Yes, the horsepower is limited and not a great bang for your buck, but I was happier with my build.

If you also have a 3rd party exhaust, it will get louder.

Thanks for your reply on the other site too lol. Question is - will I be good to get then on with stock motor mounts?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for your reply on the other site too lol. Question is - will I be good to get then on with stock motor mounts?
Hope this helps answer your question. If you have the stock K member and motor mounts than yes they will work! Im thinkin of putting these on my super snake as well.....good luck.

Attachments

• JBA 1695S header installation.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 113

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Hey peeps, anyone running these things?

https://lmr.com/item/JBA-1695SJS/2007-2014-shelby-gt500-jba-short-tube-ceramic-coated-header

If so can you give me a lowdown if they are a bitch to install or what kind of gremlins I may be dealing with here? Cannot do longtubes and need to run the stock h-pipe.

Thanks for any information, could not find much out there.

Only use Ford OEM gaskets. All the others will leak. I think jba are now the only carb legal headers available for the 07-14 GT500.

They should change your exhaust tone. Typically in a better sound. As far as power cant really say.

I run the old FRPP headers. The sound was really nice when added years ago. But as far as power gain. Cant say. Didnt notice a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread