JBA Longtubes and clutch replacement?

devilish64

Established Member
Finally drove through my stock 07 clutch last weekend and due to the cost of the clutches for theese cars I'm contemplating doing the RXT install myself. Can the tranny be pulled with the JBA longtubes installed? For those that have done it.... how was the available room and the whole install itself? Thanks!

devilish64

Established Member
14k very hard miles.... probably 6-8k of wich over 650rwhp.... last few thousand around 750 rwhp..... a few 10 second ETs and 1.5x 60ft times. I don't think I could have asked for more from it really!

RedZR

Established Member
14k very hard miles.... probably 6-8k of wich over 650rwhp.... last few thousand around 750 rwhp..... a few 10 second ETs and 1.5x 60ft times. I don't think I could have asked for more from it really!
Dang !!!
Thanks very much. The stock units are looked at as being inferior but I think they are better than most suspect.
Good luck!

enormous

Established Member
You may run into a snag, when I was doing my LT header research I was informed not to buy JBA headers because a clutch swap was not possible. I'm interested in hearing if anyone having the JBA headers has been successful at a clutch swap.

devilish64

Established Member
Just some updates for those who care.... the JBA longtubes on my 2007 allow the transmission to be dropped with no issuse at all. I only took the car for a quick spin with the lightened steel flywheel RXT and stainless clutch line combo but the pedal effort is much better than stock.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Just some updates for those who care.... the JBA longtubes on my 2007 allow the transmission to be dropped with no issuse at all.

Confirmed. I have the 6695-SJS 1 3/4" JBA longtubes on my 08 Super Snake and did not have any problems dropping the tranny to change out the clutch!

Users who are viewing this thread