JBA Catted X-Pipe and JBA CBE -- 3 inches question

Boostedtres

Established Member
Hey ladies and gents --

Hopefully this is an easy answer. I searched for days but could not find a hard answer either way. And yes, I did contact JBA but have not received a response back yet.

Does anyone know if the 3in x-pipe and 3 inch CBE are a "True" 3 inches all the way through? Or does it taper down to 2.5 inches at the point where they connect as most exhausts do?

Just had reconstructive shoulder surgery, otherwise I would go under the car and figure out myself. But for now, confined to couch and Forum searching. Thanks in advance.

Boostedtres

Established Member
Also, I know I already know the answer to this, but since my options seem so limited, I figured Id throw a hail mary out there.

Anyone know if the 3inch JBA xpipe will connect to a 2.5 inch CBE ? From the pics it doesnt look like the xpipe tapers down to 2.5, but looking at pictures isnt the most reliable.

I assume I would need a custom reducer, but wanted to confirm.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
My Shelby/JBA system is a full 3" mandrel bent system with no narrow areas in tight fitting places.

Mine was purchased from Shelby in 2009 and bolts to the oem manifolds or shorty headers and has the hi-flow cats. It is full 3" from the manifolds back including over the axle with "SHELBY by JBA" on the muffler tips. <<This was the Super Snake 700 optional exhaust system that Shelby Perf. Parts offered in their catalog a few years ago.

^^^I also have the 2.5"-3" catback that JBA made for Shelby during that time period, it bolts to the oem 2007-2010 2.5" front portion of the system and up-sizes to 3" mandrel bent with those same "Shelby by JBA" tips.

As for the 3" JBA front connecting to the oem 2.5" rear exhaust plumbing, it will require some adaptors and would kind of defeat the flow advantages.

For full 3" mandrel, it tucks very nicely..............

CopyofPicture1965-1.jpg

R

Last edited:

Boostedtres

Established Member
^^ that does tuck super nice. Looks great, jealous of the shelby logo on the tips, looks awesome.

just spent two hours (trying) to remove the axle backs. passenger side came off in ten mins with the aid of a buddy, lift, PB blaster, and a mallet. No big deal.

Driver's side, after two hours, we gave up. Grinder, torch, pb blast, mallet, screw driver, two adults pulling on it, disconnecting from mid pipe so we could gain more leverage. NOTHING even made it budge. Beyon frustrated to have to put it back to its quiet self. Damn cars sometimes...

Thanks again for the advice and pics!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
^^ that does tuck super nice. Looks great, jealous of the shelby logo on the tips, looks awesome.

just spent two hours (trying) to remove the axle backs. passenger side came off in ten mins with the aid of a buddy, lift, PB blaster, and a mallet. No big deal.

Driver's side, after two hours, we gave up. Grinder, torch, pb blast, mallet, screw driver, two adults pulling on it, disconnecting from mid pipe so we could gain more leverage. NOTHING even made it budge. Beyon frustrated to have to put it back to its quiet self. Damn cars sometimes...

Thanks again for the advice and pics!

^^^^Thanks.

..................and that sucks!! I have wrestled with exhaust in the past (older cars) and it can be a Real PITA!!

R

Users who are viewing this thread