Jay Leno Sets 1/4 Mile Production Car Record Tesla Plaid 9.2@152

ArabianOak

Established Member
I don't know what's gayer, this car or Shep Smith doing the interview about it. I don't care how fast it is I'll keep my old 911 with a clutch pedal and gears that need shifting and exhaust noises. Sure you'll be miles ahead of me but I'll be having more fun. And I'll wave when I ride by while you're waiting in line to charge behind the other homo's thinking they're saving the world.

Never waited in line for charging. Never seen any homo's at the charging stations. Curious, since you wave at all the homo's, what else do you do with them?

ArabianOak

Established Member
One thing this thread proves is there are huge misconceptions about tesla on both sides. I didn't buy mine to save the world or be part of the in-crowd. I bought it for the technology, gas savings and unbeatable performance. And it has surpassed ALL of my expectations with those three things. I can't wait to see how all the other car makers create EV's in the near future.

blk02edge

Established Member
One thing this thread proves is there are huge misconceptions about tesla on both sides. I didn't buy mine to save the world or be part of the in-crowd. I bought it for the technology, gas savings and unbeatable performance. And it has surpassed ALL of my expectations with those three things. I can't wait to see how all the other car makers create EV's in the near future.
0327febe5ab34844601fb802c5a1ef25.jpeg

RX1Cobra

Established Member
drove to Louisville from Chicago 2 weeks ago, stopped in Lafayette to charge at a supercharging station. Ate at subway, by the time I was done eating (30 min) my car was fully charged. The charging stations give you over 600 miles of charge per hour on some occasions. I had 2 people with me on this trip and they both agreed stopping to charge did not add any time to the trip.

Once I got to Louisville my hotel had free charging. I plugged in and was fully charged the during my time in Louisville.

The supercharging stations are fast and there are now thousands of them all over the place. The in car nav will plan your trip around them so you have no issues getting to your destination.

Funny, I made the exact same trip two weeks ago as well in an ICE car. We stopped in Indy for lunch because the group was hungry. Would have been plenty of time to recharge a car.

Total side note but the bourbon trail was well worth if you've never done it before. And even more of a stretch it wasn't you that I ran into at 3 Boys distillery and again at the taco place was it?!

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
drove to Louisville from Chicago 2 weeks ago, stopped in Lafayette to charge at a supercharging station. Ate at subway, by the time I was done eating (30 min) my car was fully charged. The charging stations give you over 600 miles of charge per hour on some occasions. I had 2 people with me on this trip and they both agreed stopping to charge did not add any time to the trip.

Once I got to Louisville my hotel had free charging. I plugged in and was fully charged the during my time in Louisville.

The supercharging stations are fast and there are now thousands of them all over the place. The in car nav will plan your trip around them so you have no issues getting to your destination.

I maybe wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you're full of shit.

As of May 2021, the longest range available is just over 400 miles, not 600. A Supercharging station does not get you a full charge in 30 minutes. The best stations with the fastest charging cars are 80% in about 40 minutes. Also, every manufacturer tells you to use a slow charge (like at your home) as often as possible because the more often you rapid charge your batteries, the more you shorten the battery life and the vehicle range per charge. If you're charging your car at home, it's an all day (or night) thing.

Don't think that because people don't own one, that they are incapable of having family and friends that do... and bitch nonstop about them. Oh, yea... I can read the manufacturer and enthusiasts publications, too.

EDIT: Forgot to add that the long range cars are all north of $80k. An affordable middle-class EV only nets you about 250 miles on the high-side... and you're still looking at $40k+. With the average annual income in the US being about $55k per year... even $40K for a car is hard to manage.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
Over 2 pages of strong opinions. Perhaps you don’t understand what cares means?

Or should we discuss 2 valve mustangs so you can understand?
No one cares about the so called positives of EV's, it's 2 pages of people caring that the faggotry is taking over the industry.

My car is faster around a track than your plaid and takes 30x the skill to do so, sitting in a seat while picking boogers and letting your car wipe your ass for you is not what being a car guy is

ArabianOak

Established Member
I maybe wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure you're full of shit.

As of May 2021, the longest range available is just over 400 miles, not 600. A Supercharging station does not get you a full charge in 30 minutes. The best stations with the fastest charging cars are 80% in about 40 minutes. Also, every manufacturer tells you to use a slow charge (like at your home) as often as possible because the more often you rapid charge your batteries, the more you shorten the battery life and the vehicle range per charge. If you're charging your car at home, it's an all day (or night) thing.

Don't think that because people don't own one, that they are incapable of having family and friends that do... and bitch nonstop about them. Oh, yea... I can read the manufacturer and enthusiasts publications, too.

E8F3077E-945D-4E23-8C7B-EAB190A6E631.jpeg

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member

Sure... I believe the software said it. I mean, I lost count of how many times I charged my cell phone and it reported that it has 38+ hours of battery life... but I only got 7 or 8 hours out of that charge. So a screen grab from the app doesn't really prove anything.

Even if I am wrong and you are being 100% straight (which, again, possible), the long range EV's start at $80K+ and it still takes 30-40 minutes to charge. Very few people can afford to spend $80k on a car and I can still fill-up in 3 minutes, not 40. Saying you can do it while you go get a sandwich doesn't make it any less time. Most days I struggle to find the 3 minutes to get gas. I'm not going to blow the better part of an hour wondering how late I am going to be because my car's batteries are run down.

I'm glad you're happy. It's not right for me. As I said, I like the tech. That said, it doesn't change the political drive (not the free market) and 20% of EV owners are going back to ICE for a reason. I am pretty sure they aren't lying about those reasons.

ArabianOak

Established Member
No one cares about the so called positives of EV's, it's 2 pages of people caring that the faggotry is taking over the industry.

My car is faster around a track than your plaid and takes 30x the skill to do so, sitting in a seat while picking boogers and letting your car wipe your ass for you is not what being a car guy is

n0TRun.gif

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Wait… the guy with likely well over half a million dollars in vehicles and 800 horsepower cars… is watching his pennies for gas savings ?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

There was a guy who brought their Tesla to Mosport and drained the battery in one session. It also went into limp mode on the track. Total POS car. #v8manual4life

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
There was a guy who brought their Tesla to Mosport and drained the battery in one session. It also went into limp mode on the track. Total POS car. #v8manual4life

I saw this at Maryland International Speedway, too. Dude said he went to a charging station near the track so he would be 100% when he made his T&T passes. He made 5 passes in about 15 minutes. Every pass he got slower and slower. He overheated the batteries and had to get towed back to the charging station because the batteries discharged to the point that the car wasn't drivable. It was an S model.

Last edited:

blk02edge

Established Member
We just had one show up to Area27 too, made a damn fool of itself. Another guy managed to stuff one into the wall a couple weeks ago... Now THAT is sad...

I have no doubt the Plaid is one fast ass one lap wonder but thats for the handi darts to clap about.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Odd. Brooks from dragtimes never complained about those issues at the track when he was beating up on red eyes.

I guess it’s the same as saying I know a guy with a Shelby who blew the trans at the track. Or I knew a guy with a demon that blew his rear diff.

either way the plaid is the fastest production car on history. All this internet keyboard warrior crap does nothing to change that.

Just pray one of those “homos” or “****” driving one doesn’t catch one of you big mouths at the light.

otherwise it will be your asshole bleeding and not theirs!

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Odd. Brooks from dragtimes never complained about those issues at the track when he was beating up on red eyes.

I guess it’s the same as saying I know a guy with a Shelby who blew the trans at the track. Or I knew a guy with a demon that blew his rear diff.

either way the plaid is the fastest production car on history. All this internet keyboard warrior crap does nothing to change that.

Just pray one of those “homos” or “****” driving one doesn’t catch one of you big mouths at the light.

otherwise it will be your asshole bleeding and not theirs!

Now I know you're full of shit. No demon or GT 500 ever failed on the track ever period!!!!!!

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Never waited in line for charging. Never seen any homo's at the charging stations. Curious, since you wave at all the homo's, what else do you do with them?

Sounds like you're curious so I'll answer. I usually tell them their Tesla is gay. And I'm calling bullshit on the 600 mile range, you must be using blue state math.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Sounds like you're curious so I'll answer. I usually tell them their Tesla is gay. And I'm calling bullshit on the 600 mile range, you must be using blue state math.

Sure you do bud. Just run up to random Tesla drivers and tell them their gay. Are you even old enough to drive????

CLN 6R

Established Member
Funny. When I went to the track last year with my 3, and ran 3 consistent 11.9’s, not one person came up to me and said my Tesla, nor myself was gay. They were all super impressed with the car and how quick and consistent it was.
*shrugs*

Users who are viewing this thread