• Disagreed

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Eat shit ChiSVT

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I've always supported Jay Cutler. The guy has a canon of an arm, he's tough and he's got great pocket presence assuming the O-line does it's job.

Most of all, Bears QBs have always historically sucked. Hell, Cutler broke all sorts of franchise records going through offensive coordinators and no o-line every season.

However, now the excuses end. They have amazing weapons now, Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett, Forte and an o-line better than a lot this season. In addition, they have an offensive minded coach.

If Cutler continues to throw interceptions and make general boneheaded mistakes I say we cut losses and drop his ass.

If he can't pull it together this season, there's no reason to believe he ever will.

Now that being said, the defense is ****ed so our season is over regardless, but that doesn't give Cutler a pass to play on anything less than the highest level.

Planter

Banned
I've always supported Jay Cutler. The guy has a canon of an arm, he's tough and he's got great pocket presence assuming the O-line does it's job.

Most of all, Bears QBs have always historically sucked. Hell, Cutler broke all sorts of franchise records going through offensive coordinators and no o-line every season.

However, now the excuses end. They have amazing weapons now, Jeffery, Marshall, Bennett, Forte and an o-line better than a lot this season. In addition, they have an offensive minded coach.

If Cutler continues to throw interceptions and make general boneheaded mistakes I say we cut losses and drop his ass.

If he can't pull it together this season, there's no reason to believe he ever will.

Now that being said, the defense is ****ed so our season is over regardless, but that doesn't give Cutler a pass to play on anything less than the highest level.

the Bears have openly stated they are not giving him a big contract and just this past week the GM said they werent big on franchising him either. I think the writing is on the wall that he is gone after this season.

when he is on he is hard to beat. but when he is off he just implodes. every game its like you never know if you are getting Jeckyll or Hyde.

only problem with not bringing him back is who do you replace him with? not a great year for qb's in the 2014 draft and I doubt the free agent market will be real lucrative either. Bears are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
not a great year for qb's in the 2014 draft

Say what? This is a deep QB draft. Bridgewater, Manziel, Boyd, Hundley, Carr, McCarron, Murray, and others.

The Bears will dump Cutler and another team will overpay for him. Just hope it isn't us.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Sinister is correct. We better start losing games now to get a good spot in the draft. Cutler is SUPER inconsistent. With the weapons in Chicago and the O-line much improved they should be one of the top 3 offenses in the league with a good quarterback.

Planter

Banned
Say what? This is a deep QB draft. Bridgewater, Manziel, Boyd, Hundley, Carr, McCarron, Murray, and others.

The Bears will dump Cutler and another team will overpay for him. Just hope it isn't us.

I don't know, a lot of the big wigs (Kiper, Golic, SVP and Russillo) are talking that Bridgewater, Carr, Hundley and Manziel are the only quality first rounders.

I don't believe Tajh Boyd is or will be a quality NFL qb. he'll end up being the next Akili Smith IMO.

McCarron?..:??:...how many other former Bama QB's are starting in the NFL right now?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't know, a lot of the big wigs (Kiper, Golic, SVP and Russillo) are talking that Bridgewater, Carr, Hundley and Manziel are the only quality first rounders.

I don't believe Tajh Boyd is or will be a quality NFL qb. he'll end up being the next Akili Smith IMO.

McCarron?..:??:...how many other former Bama QB's are starting in the NFL right now?

They don't have to be 1st round picks to be quality starters in the NFL. There are only so many "franchise" QB's that come along. The rest are hits, misses, and largely gambles.

What difference does it make what school they went to? Either you have it or you don't. How many former Wisconsin QB's have ever done anything in the NFL? Zero, until Russell Wilson that is. Not a 1st round pick either.

hoamskilet

Established Member
only problem with not bringing him back is who do you replace him with? not a great year for qb's in the 2014 draft and I doubt the free agent market will be real lucrative either. Bears are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Bingo. If the Bears are gonna let him go they better have a plan in place to replace him. I'd be more than happy to see him in purple and gold lol

NinjaBum

Established Member
There are a lot of good QB's, but consider this, Jax, Houston, St. Louis (vis a vis Washington), TB, and MN are all in the first 5 or 6 and are either likely to try and get one, or there is a possibility they will go for one. Only team down there that won't is ATL.

If you wanna start sucking to get one now it's too late.

Planter

Banned
They don't have to be 1st round picks to be quality starters in the NFL. There are only so many "franchise" QB's that come along. The rest are hits, misses, and largely gambles.

What difference does it make what school they went to? Either you have it or you don't. How many former Wisconsin QB's have ever done anything in the NFL? Zero, until Russell Wilson that is. Not a 1st round pick either.

the school itself doesn't matter, but my comment in regards to Bama QB's starting in the NFl, was more an indictment of the system. Saban traditionally has not had good/great QB's, they've usually won with a game manager QB and a rock solid defense and outstanding special teams play.

I don't think McCarron is all that personally but just my opinion.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Jay is too hot and cold--drives us nuts while watching him play. I am happy with trying someone new.

Planter

Banned
where is 01cobravortech to praise Cutler as the second coming of Christ? and how Cutler will take the Bears to the promised land....:bored:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the Bears will keep Cutler, and keep an eye out for his replacement. They are too high in the draft to get a decent pick, and throwing a rookie into the trenches is usually not a winning gambit. Better bet is to strengthen the D so even a mediocre Cutler can pull off games.

NinjaBum

Established Member
I think you stick with Cutler until you have a season after this one where he plays every game and you aren't even in playoff contention if you're Trestman.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
IMO, cutlers biggest issue is himself. his attitude. he has great talent, cant argue that, and he has decent weapons. but that attitude. the tantrums, the fits. no place for that in football.

i have never liked cutler. even at denver. i despised him because of his attitude. i think he corrupted marshal also. i see him as a ryan leaf type. i dont believe he is the future of the bears. i think he would make a great back up. a bad attitude in very contageous.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Cutler hasn't played a full game in over a month, where did this thread come from?...

Cutler isn't going anywhere, he will be back here for years to come.

Planter

Banned
Cutler hasn't played a full game in over a month, where did this thread come from?...

Cutler isn't going anywhere, he will be back here for years to come.

you need to take your blinders off bruh.

he cant stay healthy. its always a fake knee injury or a broken finger or a concussion or some sort of boo-boo.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
you need to take your blinders off bruh.

he cant stay healthy. its always a fake knee injury or a broken finger or a concussion or some sort of boo-boo.

And with all of that, he is still by far the best QB this team has seen in over 3 decades...

He isn't going anywhere tranboy.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
I hope he stays and I hope that o line keeps having continuity issues. It's a great combination IMO.

But even if the Bears address what's wrong on offense, what the hell are they going to do about that defense?

Planter

Banned
And with all of that, he is still by far the best QB this team has seen in over 3 decades...

He isn't going anywhere tranboy.

i couldnt possibly be a tranboy. that would mean i am going from female to male. :shrug:

he is the best qb they have had but if theyre not willng to give him a new contract or franchise him, it suggests they arent wanting to bring him back.

Users who are viewing this thread