Jacksonville, FL 03 Owners...tammy too.

rpurdy3523

Established Member
:cuss: Just tried to do a deal with Duval Ford. Not a good experience especially after driving 2 hours from Savannah. I realize now why they have 6 Cobras on their lot and everyone else is sold out. Started at $7500 over sticker and got to MSRP. That is when they offered me $15,000 for my 2001 GT Vert with an automatic and 8,000 miles. I was floored. Hard time thinking my car has lost half it's value in one year. After they realized I was not doing the deal I was told how the Cobra is not for everyone and maybe I needed another GT. After that I told them I had owned 3 Lightnings and my loan was pre approved through someone else. Maybe I'm naive, but while my wife and I were sitting there, 3 couples got shot down on credit problems. I guess they must have folks coming in in droves with good credit and pre approved loans for $35,000 cars. I said that maybe Mike Davidson would help me out and then the sales man got real lippy and said they ain't got one and they ain't getting one from us so good luck. That was it. Bottom line...Are they worth the trouble or should I be trying elsewhere? Seeking any and all advice. Thanks in advance guys:xpl:

rpurdy3523

Established Member
How are things in Texarkana? My wife and I are originally from Malvern AR just up the road from Texarkana. I always seemed to get better deals in Texas and Arkansas. This whole Cobra project has been way worse than any Lightning purchases:bash:

SVTyballz

Established Member
There were 2 coupes in New Smyrna Bch FL (15 minutes south of Daytona) for MSRP. I saw them 3 weeks ago. One white and the other is redfire. PM me if you want me to check on them. OR you could just search this board for Halifax Ford and the contact info is in my previous posts. Good Luck.

gary

tammy

Established Member
Purdy that's the dealer that refused to even let me test drive! That's the dealer that gave me d-plan promises on the Mach1 then screwed me at paperwork time. That's the dealer that's got a smart bucket manager Ken! That's the dealer I left and went straight over to Mike Davidson at 7 p.m. on a Saturday night and drove a Cobra for 19 miles! Mike Davison is the dealer that sold me my Cobra at D-plan pricing of 31052.00!!!!!! If you will give them a chance I know for sure you will get one from them at MSPR ASAP! Would you please call them and ask for FRED BIRD he's the Manager and tell them your pilot with duval ford and tell them you meet up with me on the svt forum he knows my by voice and I only talked to him like three times on the phone and shook his hand upon meeting and delivery.LOL I told him I was gonna tell anyone who listened how very fast and friendly my deal was handled and he said he'd make sure anyone I sent was taken care of. DO NOT talk with a sales person there. Let Fred put you with TOMMY after you have spoken to him only. Tell him upfront exactly what your willing to do and I can say with certainity you will get your car. They can get you a COBRA there was a beau RED FIRE there two weeks ago and a WHITE I'm not sure what they've gotten since then. That OTHER dealer is full of themselves and can sit and spin on there COBRA's they had on Grey cobra's and they have had those same cobra's since SEpt that I know about. Guess they don't need to turn them. When Fred called to accept D-plan it was a two minute call and I called the bank who in turn called fred telling him i was good to go and gave fred the leinholder codes. I left with a check for my car and then I called fred and arranged for 1 p.m. delivery the next day and I got down to Jax and everything was ready. I gave the sales guy my full name and address he bought me a coke and I looked over my new baby with him for scraths or crap like that then I went to svt delivery and then i signed the title work and paid them it all took an hour i think. I was quick and painless i tell you. Hope you give them a call. There right of Atlantic BLVD> Get on 9A and turn right off monment road like your going to regency square mall there right across from the mall.

torchred03

Established Member
Sanford Ford in Sanford NC will sell you a Cobra at MSRP, they have none at this time but I'm told they some due in soon. The toll free # for them is 1-800-958-3673. They also have a website but the SVT's and Saleen's are not listed, sanfordford.com. Hope this helps.

dianes03pony

Established Member
Greenway Ford in Orlando has 5 Cobras sitting on their lot!! I just went down Friday from Savannah and got my Sonic Blue one! Long story, but I got tired of waiting on the one I had on order with O.C. Welch in Beaufort...not to mention they REALLY pissed me off!!! Greenway was AWESOME!!! They had 2 Dark Shadow Greys, 1 Yellow vert, 1 torch red and 1 black one. If you go, ask for Bruce Burke or Arsene! Very nice guys!!! :D

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
I am in Jax and got mine from Mike Shad in Orange Park. p3pete and myself bought ours for msrp from Lloyd Fountain. Tell him Jason or Pete sent you. I had bad dealings with Mike Davidson, but it sounds like Tammy got a good contact there. They are NOT good for service, but if you take your car there make sure to ask for Carly (1 of the service managers)

jason

rpurdy3523

Established Member
Sales manager from Duval has left 2 messages this morning. I'll see what he has to say and then probably try Davidson or Mike Shad. Good advice as always.....Thanks Tammy. I thought that it was Duval that assed you up. It was Ken Johnson that called this AM. Diane......Uh oh. Sounds like maybe I should try and get a redfire instead of sonic blue since you already picked up a blue! Hate for us to be beside each other on Abercorn both wearing Blue!!:) Hopefully I can find one without driving 500 miles on a new car.

finally

Established Member
I also got mine from Mike Shad Ford of Orange Park. Got it for MSRP. Great service and sales staff. I dealt with Art Rutcha. very pleased with that dealer!

tammy

Established Member
Purdy: Ken Johnson was the A** that laughed in my face when I told him I was there for my SCHEDULED test drive. He told me NOBODY walks in here and drives a Cobra. Well screw him I thought, and I told him I'd see if Mike Davidson would feel the same and left. We have called Dale twice an have a meeting arranged to meet with him concerning Mr. Ken's behavior. My husband went down there sunday a week ago and talk to Ken and Buddy Price about the way I was treated of course Buddy was very nice and my husband left mad as heck and saying how arrogrance and non customer service orinented he found Ken to be. I hope you give Mike Davidson or Mike Shad a try. My husband put his new cobra keys on the counter at one point in the conversation and referred to Ken that he misqualify his wife and his misjudgement costed the dealership a sale and if he did'nt care maybe the owners just might like to know. He said Buddy's jaw dropped! Keep us posted on what you find.

Stunt Stangs

Established Member
Bill Curry Ford in Tampa has a Gray Coupe on the floor. Ask for Jeff Carolyn in Fleet Sales. I believe it's MSRP.

rpurdy3523

Established Member
I've found a few dealers that will do MSRP. Trouble is getting ripped on the trade. Getting good advice on the forum. Getting smarter....;-)

Users who are viewing this thread