jacking rails and web brace?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the MM full length SFCS.

Anyone have any feedback on Stifflers stiffening rails? Would make it easier to jack the car up/use a quick jack
Stiffening Rail ('94-'04)

was also considering the web bracing while Im at it but definitely open to feedback - if things go forward as planned probably gonna have the throw in an MM 6 point bar so not sure it's as beneficial with all that already in the car. It also might be kind of in the way of the fuel lines/filter with the lethal return style kit

Web Brace ('79-'04)

01yellercobra

Established Member
You're probably tired of hearing from me, but....

I have the full set up. When I first installed the SFC's we ran out of gas while doing the install. So we were only able to get the main connectors and jacking rails installed. I noticed a difference right away in how the car handled. After getting gas we finished the cross braces and I swear I noticed a little more stiffness. Could be the placebo affect, but I'm still glad I did it.

The jacking rails are awesome. It's all I use to lift the car. Even with the Quick Jacks. But then I'm pretty low. The aluminum low profile jack from Harbor Freight hits the side skirts. So they're definitely a good addition IMO.

The only downside I've found with the cross braces was when I was running my fuel system. There wasn't enough room to run the lines between the floor and brace. But they might not be a big deal since you already have everything ran.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You're probably tired of hearing from me, but....

I have the full set up. When I first installed the SFC's we ran out of gas while doing the install. So we were only able to get the main connectors and jacking rails installed. I noticed a difference right away in how the car handled. After getting gas we finished the cross braces and I swear I noticed a little more stiffness. Could be the placebo affect, but I'm still glad I did it.

The jacking rails are awesome. It's all I use to lift the car. Even with the Quick Jacks. But then I'm pretty low. The aluminum low profile jack from Harbor Freight hits the side skirts. So they're definitely a good addition IMO.

The only downside I've found with the cross braces was when I was running my fuel system. There wasn't enough room to run the lines between the floor and brace. But they might not be a big deal since you already have everything ran.

haha, not yet...It seems like Im just perpetually a few steps behind you. Sounds like I might skip the web bracing, especially with the potential of an MM cage getting bolted in.

any pics of the jacking rails installed on yours?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I actually don't. I might have it up in a week or so to do some cleaning. I can grab a couple while I'm there if you're still looking for pics.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I’ve installed 4 sets of web braces and jacking rails. Huge huge difference, would highly recommend unless they do interfere with your future cage plans. Or maybe find a way to tie the cage all in and make the car one solid structure

Users who are viewing this thread