J2 flow mod

94slowbra1

Established Member
my comments were meant towards the cooling of the engine, not necessarily the intake air temps. as a result of having a cooler bay and more air coming in and out id have to improve air temps.
i dont have any iat2 numbers yet with the new j2fab set up

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Just revisiting...but I think a Racebronco style mod plus the bigger HE and better IC pump is a great start along with getting rid of the tiny pipes that the stock setup runs to the HE and IC (i believe someone did that last year and had good results with just that). Still having problems, then start to put together a J2F style mod with intercooler I/o changes, HE i/o changes and trunk tank.

I’m about to go the hood mods that will be like the Racebronco setup and also get rid of the 50/50 mix and go with 80/20. Then I’ll do the GT500 HE with dual fans. Then the 3/4” hoses to get rid of the pipes....after all of that, I’ll see how the IAT2 is doing. If it’s still too hot (it’s already in the 90’s here in Florida and traffic is hell) then the J2F will take place. Probably with a Varimax pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

94slowbra1

Established Member
i think the racebronco hood is one of the best cooling mods that can be done to these cars for people doing high speed stuff. not to mention all the other benefits it has. i can literally watch the heat coming out of my hood at stop lights. at speed the air going over the louvers acts as a vacuum pulling out hot air and pulling in cold air. plus the car isnt wanting to lift due to air being trapped. the list goes on.
and yes improving flow in the i/c system is a good thing. so is more volume and more h/e surface area. justins flow mod may be overkill but i hate doing things twice so i figured buy the best stuff first.
keep us posted how your new parts work out, may save some guys some $$$

SVT_Troy

Established Member
How are you guys monitoring engine heat? Aftermarket engine oil /water temp sensor? If so where is your sensor located? I have my oil temp sensor in my oil pan and I rarely see oil temps above 180ish which is almost counter productive as you want temps to get alittle warmer to burn off contaminants. I use my aero force to monitor water temp.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
I monitor water temp via an auto meter gauge in one of the coolant crossover delete hoses. I dont have an oil temp gauge.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
How are you guys monitoring engine heat? Aftermarket engine oil /water temp sensor? If so where is your sensor located? I have my oil temp sensor in my oil pan and I rarely see oil temps above 180ish which is almost counter productive as you want temps to get alittle warmer to burn off contaminants. I use my aero force to monitor water temp.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

water temp via aeroforce....I don't monitor oil temp, not yet anyways. right now, my main concern is water temp and iat2 temp.

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
I got my Speedhut water temp sensor in the coolant crossover (just like the factory ecm sensor) and an oil temp sensor in the block adapter where my oil line exits the enging on the way to the oil cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread