I've tried everything...except what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
I know this is the wrong forum but this is where everyone is at so I figured I could get more help here than anywhere else. I've got a 93 GT and at about the middle of the summer I dropped a new GT-40 crate motor in from JEGS since the last motor crapped out on me. The motor is designed so that you can swap everything not included on it already like the intake, injectors, TB, etc...instead I put an Edelbrock Performer 5.0 intake on it and BBK 70 mm TB. I also have a 73mm MAF. The only thing that was left stock was injectors, fuel pump, and most of the spark componets(coil, cap, rotor, and distributor-they are brand new though). Now that the motor is broke in and I can get on it, somethings not right. :cuss: Starting at 3000 rpm's, it cuts out. I thought the A/F ratio was fcked up. So I replaced the fuel pump-255LPH. That didn't work. Next I put in 24# injectors. Didn't work. What the hell is the problem? Thanks for the help.

lxfiveoh

Established Member
,ight not be gettin enough spark....just me .02 cents

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
well thats what i've been told. i think i just need to get an ignition coil that puts out new spark

I would guess your Maf is not calibrated for the injectors you are using....If that is not it...I would look at your spark/timing!

orange306

pimpinsincepimpingwaspimp
Established Member
I Think What You Need To Do Is Check The Spark Wild The Car Is On And Take One Of The Ignition Wires Out Any One Except The Coil One And Try And Rep The Motor Wild You Check The Spark And See If Is Blue Or Yello If Is Yello You Might Have A Bad Cap Or Rotor Even If They Are New The Other Thing Is The Starter Solenoid Loosin Ground Those Are The Only Things I Can Think About

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
93blkbeauty said:
Thank you captin f*cking obvious...i already stated that. Can't you read?

Nope. Saw no pics. No vid. Didn't bother. Just click the icon and submit.

Btw, why is this thread still here? Mods must be asleep. :shrug:

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
WTF said:
Nope. Saw no pics. No vid. Didn't bother. Just click the icon and submit.

Btw, why is this thread still here? Mods must be asleep. :shrug:

Maybe you should go to sleep...your negativity isn't welcome here asshole :shrug:

JimBowy

306ci's
Established Member
93blkbeauty said:
Maybe you should go to sleep...your negativity isn't welcome here asshole :shrug:

And your thread aint wanted in this forum, so go post your problem where it belongs.... :fart:

iboost5o

Banned
Man you guys can be serious ****ing assholes. The guys just looking for some help. Go back to your ****ing xbox and beating your pillows when you get owned @ halo or whatever it is you sticklers do.

93blkbeauty... i'll just send a privmsg for some things u should look for... these a-holes are probably gonna get this thread closed anyway with all they're bitching & crying. :nonono:.

Last edited by a moderator:

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
ven2om said:
Man you guys can be serious ****ing assholes. The guys just looking for some help. Go back to your ****ing xbox and beating your pillows when you get owned @ halo or whatever it is you sticklers do.

93blkbeauty... i'll just send a privmsg for some things u should look for... these a-holes are probably gonna get this thread closed anyway with all they're bitching & crying. :nonono:.

Thanks...I can never figure out why some people can't either help or STFU

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Wish I knew Bro. But I think you definitely have it narrowed down to a fuel or ignition problem. Just try replacing the cheapest components first that could bd the problem. Nothing like buying and having a transmission installed, when the problem wasn't the transmission but the cable :nonono:
Change the fuel pump and filter. You should also check that little module whatchamacallit that is on the distributor :shrug:

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
ven2om said:

Why not put it in the proper forum, THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR. It's as simple as following the rules above.

Oh wait, I guess this section of the forum can get inundated with tech questions as long as we put a disclaimer in the beginning of our post stating "I know i'm breaking the rules but it's justified because this is where everyone is". :rolleyes:

No one is being an asshole, you need to simmer down bro. :bored:

Next time just post some pics of your car & engine or something along with your question.

John and Renae

Established Member
Which distributor did you use?

You said it was new, but is it a factory ford distributor or an aftermarket one?
if it is an MSD or Accell there is a good problem the distributor or the ICM is the problem.

You could also have stabbed the distributor incorrectly and you could be off a tooth.

If you have your original distributor drop it in.

I would start there...

let us know the results from that...

93blkbeauty

One word, bad ass
Established Member
WTF said:
Why not put it in the proper forum, THAT'S WHAT IT'S THERE FOR. It's as simple as following the rules above.

Oh wait, I guess this section of the forum can get inundated with tech questions as long as we put a disclaimer in the beginning of our post stating "I know i'm breaking the rules but it's justified because this is where everyone is". :rolleyes:

No one is being an asshole, you need to simmer down bro. :bored:

Next time just post some pics of your car & engine or something along with your question.

I understand what your sayin. I first posted in Road Side Pub but it got moved to the Mustang section and hardly anyone is there. I don't like talking trash but I just need some help. I'm going to go wash the car and will take some pics and then post them and so maybe everyone will want to help then.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
93blkbeauty said:
I understand what your sayin. I first posted in Road Side Pub but it got moved to the Mustang section and hardly anyone is there. I don't like talking trash but I just need some help. I'm going to go wash the car and will take some pics and then post them and so maybe everyone will want to help then.

Cool man. I understand the frustration. Also try Mustangworld.com's forum too. I usually hang out there when talking tech and the response is pretty good with some seriously knowledgeable guys (at least in 4.6 tech - not sure about 5.0 section).

But in the meantime. It seems people are responding to this thread so already proving it's worth i suppose.

Throw up some pics of that badboy! I love foxbodies :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread